Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Lilycat2010: First Time Cruiser's Experience on the Epic

Lilycat2010
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

First Time Cruiser's Experience on the Epic

Sail Date: October 2010

My husband and I took our first cruise on the Norwegian Epic to the Western Caribbean. We absolutely loved it! Embarkation was a breeze, we enjoyed wandering through the ship, the muster was so quick and painless. We really enjoyed the cabin set up. We had no issues with the bathroom, sink or storage. The bed was soooooo comfortable. I loved the blackout curtains, too. We slept so well on this trip. I'm 5'8" and didn't have a problem with the length of the bed.

The food was very good. We ate most of our breakfasts in Taste. Poached eggs were always done to perfection. We did some lunches at O'Sheehans and some at Taste. We ate dinners at Manhattan, Le Bistro, Cagney's, Shanghai and Wasabi. All were excellent except Shanghai, which was just okay.

We really enjoyed the entertainment, including Cirque. The food was fine for event fare and the show fillers were a little corny. But the performers were so worth it. We tried the Ice Bar (I lasted 20 minutes), Blue Man, More Legends, Second City (so so), and Jeff Hobson. I really wanted to make it to Fat Cats, but we never caught the blues band. I popped in once or twice but they were always on a break.

Read so many complaints about this ship, and truly, we had none. Even the smoke in the casino didn't offend me, and I'm very sensitive to smoke. The Fitness Center was phenomenal. We really never felt that the ship was over crowded. With 4000 people on board, we always found a table, seat, sunchair, treadmill, whatever we were looking for! Oh, I must say, though, the pools are ridiculous. Way too small.

We really enjoyed our ports of call and look forward to cruising again! We may try another ship just for comparison, but we loved the Freestyle approach. It was a fantastic vacation. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Balcony Stateroom Deck 11 11048

Fantastic storage, beautiful, small but efficient, quiet.