Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by VeefromToronto: Not as hyped

Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

Not as hyped

Sail Date: October 2010

My wife and I had a chance encounter of the holiday kind. With our busy schedules and not knowing what projects we will be taking on, we find it hard to book vacations in advance. So we found out that we could both getaway for a week and booked this cruise on a Saturday for Monday sailing.

In our mid-forties, we tend to think of ourselves as polished and refined. We prefer to take it easy on our holidays. More catching up on reading, connecting with each other, fine food and wine etc. Not this ship. The open areas always had some mind-numbing music or equally mind-numbing activities on the go. Not that the ship is bad - just not our thing.

The food - everywhere - in the dining lounge, in the buffet, in the special $$ restaurants, picnics etc was definitely BELOW par. That is a ship thing and not just us. Wine list was not upto par, the drinks were mixed willy nilly (differing amts of juice, and liquors at every pour).

Finally, the retro-fit. Bah humbug. More Look carefully and you will see that it did not really do anything but update the ship. The staterooms are still too small, The port-holes are still tiny, the casino is still dingy and smoky, there is still not enough space to sit in the Windjammers, and on and on it goes.

I am sure people who have never cruised or have limited exposure to cruising may enjoy this. But not for me and my wife. Less

Published 10/19/10

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: M Interior Stateroom

Picture showed a couch, no couch. Not enough space to have a couch, small (even for cruise ships) cabins.

Read All Interior Stateroom (M) Reviews >>
VeefromToronto
Member Since 2010
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X