Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by CruzLuverFromCT

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by CruzLuverFromCT
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: CruzLuverFromCT
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Cabin Category: 7A
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Cruise to Nowhere Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

2 day cruise to relaxation!
Booked this little two-day cruise-to-nowhere as a get away from the hustle 'n' bustle and it was just what the doctor ordered. It was me and another female friend getting away for the weekend. Our second 2-day cruise (first was a Carnival out of NYC back in 2005 or so.)

We take the Metro from CT to Grand Central and then a $10 cab ride to the pier. Getting there is so easy in NYC - not my first cruise out of this port, and if you want to make an extended stay of things, there is no better place. We were at the pier by 12:30, as it is only a 2-day, you have to carry on your luggage (though there were plenty of people to help if you needed it.) About a 15 minute line for the security check, a 10 minute line for check in, snap my welcome photo and I was on my way. Our rooms were not ready till 1:30 (on the dot, as promised), so we headed up to the Lido deck for snacks. A little tough to navigate while pulling luggage, but not the end of the world by any means.

As we were due for a Nor'easter to be rolling in that day to NYC we took advantage of the sun and ate at the grill, always tough to keep food warm when the breeze was blowing, but the chicken tenders were flavorful and crisp and the staff was cheery. After lunch we went to our room, my first ever obstructed view room.

The room was clean and welcoming; I love the luggage mat that is left on the bed, very helpful. Our obstructed view was not too bad. The life boats are just below the level of your feet, and a bit of the wrenching apparatus is level with your railing, but nothing to obstruct your forward view, just your view below. The rain finally rolled in just about Muster time (a necessary event that I always try to enjoy.) It was then we fell in love with our balcony, with Extended-balconies above us, we had a good 3-4 foot over hang that allowed us to sit and enjoy the outside, watch the water and the rain and never get wet. It was perfect. (FYI - odd # rooms are city side when leaving port - had to run down to deck 3 starboard to get pics of Lady Liberty)

Our first dinner was great, though our table location was not wonderful, table 140 ALL the way to the back, around the server stations and in a corner. We had no view of the dining room or the servers when they performed. If it had been longer than a 2-day I would have requested to move. Though Erol our server was wonderful. Had Caesar salad, a favorite, the flat iron steak, seasoned great, and crème Brule. A perfect meal.

We planned for early seating as we are not really night owls, figured we could see the early show and then go to bed. There was only one show of the big show, and it was at 10:30. So we caught the PG comedy show at 8:30 instead, down in the Mad Hatters ball - a fantastic lounge that was well decorated and fun. We wandered the ship on the way back to our room, tons going on in all of the bars and lounges, the casino was full, people seemed to be having a blast.

The wind was picking up and we were rocking for sure, but being mid ship (Front to back and up and down) we really didn't feel the effects of it. Our towel animal was a heart, no really appropriate for a girl's weekend, but as we never saw our room staff, they didn't realize that we were not a couple staying in the room. As a matter of fact our bed was one large bed, and since neither of us cared about rearranging the room for two nights, we didn't bother to call housekeeping.

By morning the water was rough, people weaving along the hall ways, I am sure many people were getting sea sick, but we were fine. The rain was gone, the sky was blue but it was very windy. They closed decks 10 & 11 due to wind. We spent the day either on our balcony reading, in the bingo lounge (William was a blast as a host for the AM bingo.) Took the galley tour, such an impressive operation. We tried to grab lunch in the dining room, it was listed as being open till 2:30. By 2:10 they had already stopped seating, wish they would tell you that.

By dinner the rocking was finally leveling out. Formal dinner was very nice, we both had the pasta as a starter, yummy. I had the prime rib, cooked perfectly as was my potato. She had the lobster, a winner as well. A table mate said the ribs were amazing as well. Melting cake for dessert, a must at least once on the cruise. Another perfect meal. I noticed this cruise one thing I had never seen on any of my past 5 cruises, on the dining tables is a drink list now, with pricing. It felt like I was at Ruby Tuesdays. Never before had I seen them pushing drinks like that before. Thought that was tacky.

Again the evening show was only at 10:30, so we opted for the R-rated comedy show, we got their early as recommended by staff, and we were glad we did. Standing room only. The comedian was great. Stopped into the casino, and caught part of the baseball game in the sports lounge. Another great night's sleep. And as the sun came up in NYC, I got to see Lady Liberty from my balcony. Breakfast was great, as it was the morning before.

Our embarkation number was 18, and it took less than an 1.5 hours for them to call us, we waited up in the Lido deck as William made the announcements, he even makes leaving the ship fun! I don't know if there were many kids on board, so Camp Carnival was doing an amazing job as usual.

I loved the dEcor of this ship, lots of great period art work, Philip Marlow, Mata Hari, Robin Hood, lots of fun stuff. The grapes all over the dining room were fun and the bars were tasteful. Over all it is a great ship, for a smaller ship (only one main dining room). I would take this ship and / or itinerary again.

Publication Date: 10/19/10