Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by SummerLover

Member Name: SummerLover
Cruise Date: October 2010
Cabin Category: T1

My week on the Epic October 9th- 16th
I just got back last night. :)

I went on this cruise in a single studio to celebrate a friends birthday, leaving my son and husband at home alone. I had a single inside studio room, which i believe only NCL do and I LOVED IT. It would not have been big enough if my family had joined me, but as a pseudo single, it was perfect. It was cosy and cool, had a lovely insulated feel, the bed OH SOOOO SUPER comfortable (a queen) with 4 pillows and 3 extra cushions...nice. ask for a sheet if you are a "hot" sleeper cos the duvet/ doona/ comforter are VERY warm. I had an adjoining door with my friends sister who also loved her room. The room had lots of little cubby holes and big baskets as well as room under the bed for bags etc.. I had trouble finding out how the lights worked (you have to put your room key in the slot as you walk in) but once I figured that out, I had fun playing with all the light options. daylight, romantic, changing from blue to green to red. FUN! I had no trouble with the sink, as it was really a fine size. (I heard it was bigger than in the state room?)same with shower. I didn't do a tour of other rooms so I don't know if the sinks are as bad as Id heard. the singles also share a little meeting place, which is stocked with snacks ands you can get a light cereal breakfast there. Finding your way into the middle of the ship confused some people and I heard some grumbling, but once you know where to go, its very private and mostly quiet. Our steward was Daka and he was wonderful.

I ate mostly at the buffet which I enjoyed and was varied. they do a GREAT job of breakfast. This is the time to stock up on juices for the day, after 10.30 its only iced tea and water. it was sometimes hard to find a table for a group. Taste and the Manhattan room are the freebie restaurants. The food in them is the SAME in both, but has a daily menu to choose from that has specialties. Our lobster night was Wednesday. I was on a budget so didn't try the extra paid restaurants except for Cirque where the food was OK, the show good. perhaps a bit too much preamble we had 6 squished into a booth and an obstructed view, but they do move about a lot.. (Keep an eye out for the electric fiddler and the dishwasher.... mmmmmmmmmmm)

My biggest dislike about this cruise, was honestly the size of the pools...there are only 3 for really public use and 2 for families cos Spices H2O is for adults only and they are honestly just TOO small for that many people. the slides and kids water areas are great, but for pure lazing in water, the pools come up short. I paid $30 for a day pass to the spa area which was truly heavenly. lovely bubbling heated pools, and fountains of water streaming for an impromptu massage, hot tubs, steam room. Yum. Best $30 I spent.

The smoking. Well its disgusting and everywhere.... really a disappointment.

The photos. take a SINGLE photo of yourself as you board, for the facial recognition and don't expect too much from it. they are still working out the kinks obviously.

OVERALL. I had an AWESOME time on this cruise. I REALLY enjoyed it. if it was smoke free it would be perfect!

Publication Date: 10/19/10