Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Poker King: Don't Stay on Deck 3 in Room 3180!

Poker King
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Don't Stay on Deck 3 in Room 3180!

Sail Date: September 2010

Our room was directly under the Disco that was on deck 4. The club was open till about 3am to 4am every night except for 1 night. We are not Disco types and enjoy our sleep before 3am. When I had booked my room though our travel agent-we went with a big group-I told them I did not want to be under or near the Disco. My daughter's room was 3192 and she could hear the music or should i say NOISE also. But she is younger and just stayed up and enjoyed the music.

I spoke with guest services about 3 nights into the cruise at about 2 am when I had enough! The next day I went to Guest Services and they said they had logged my complaint. They also said they would see what they could do. They said they would call me in my room. Well, I would call and try to speak with the man that helped me and he was either too busy or not on duty. I kept getting the run around from RCCL. The last night of the cruise at around 10pm I received a letter that was dropped on in our stateroom from RCCL. More They said they were sorry for the noise problem and that offered a 15% discount from the price of my current cruise that would be applied to my next cruise if I use it within a year. Did you get that? Seems like new math to me. I am not happy with the run around I received. I did put this on my survey with both RCCL and our group survey.

Our room was wonderful other than the noise. I loved the Oasis. It was a beautiful ship and very big. We didn't mind the groups because most of the time you didn't see a crowd. I loved the interactive TV in our room. You knew which of the restaurants were busy. Also, you could book excursions and tickets for the shows right on your TV. In the restaurant they did not seem able to please the cruiser. What I mean is-we wanted shrimp every night or fruit and some nights we received it and other nights we did not. The waiter said he could not do special request and we would have to go though our head waiter. I am assuming this is a change with RCCL and not our waiter's fault. The chef also loved mushrooms and garlic. Because most of the dishes at dinner always had either garlic or mushrooms in or on them. I am not a fan. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7

Our cabin was beautiful. The bathroom was bigger than on the smaller RCCL ships. The interactive flat screen TV was super!! The closet is much smaller than on the smaller RCCL ships. Our cabin 3180 was directly under the Disco on Deck 4. The Disco was opened about 11pm or midnight and was opened till 3am to 4am. After the Disco closed they would move the furniture around. The BOOM BOOM BOOM of the base was awful!! Don't stay on this side of the ship on deck 3 or 5!! Unless you like the noise.

We went to Nassau on Sunday. This is a big mistake by RCCL. Most of Nassau is closed on Sunday. So most people went to the Atlantis. Also, we were only there till 2pm. RCCL should change and go to Nassau on another day other than Sunday.

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews

I love St. Maarten!! It was beautiful. We did not to an excursion and took a $3.00 taxi ride to town to enjoyed the water and did a little shopping.

St. Thomas was fine. We only did a little shopping and I wish we had gone to the beach.

Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews