Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Poker King

Cabin Category: F
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Don't Stay on Deck 3 in Room 3180!
Our room was directly under the Disco that was on deck 4. The club was open till about 3am to 4am every night except for 1 night. We are not Disco types and enjoy our sleep before 3am. When I had booked my room though our travel agent-we went with a big group-I told them I did not want to be under or near the Disco. My daughter's room was 3192 and she could hear the music or should i say NOISE also. But she is younger and just stayed up and enjoyed the music.

I spoke with guest services about 3 nights into the cruise at about 2 am when I had enough! The next day I went to Guest Services and they said they had logged my complaint. They also said they would see what they could do. They said they would call me in my room. Well, I would call and try to speak with the man that helped me and he was either too busy or not on duty. I kept getting the run around from RCCL. The last night of the cruise at around 10pm I received a letter that was dropped on in our stateroom from RCCL. They said they were sorry for the noise problem and that offered a 15% discount from the price of my current cruise that would be applied to my next cruise if I use it within a year. Did you get that? Seems like new math to me. I am not happy with the run around I received. I did put this on my survey with both RCCL and our group survey.

Our room was wonderful other than the noise. I loved the Oasis. It was a beautiful ship and very big. We didn't mind the groups because most of the time you didn't see a crowd. I loved the interactive TV in our room. You knew which of the restaurants were busy. Also, you could book excursions and tickets for the shows right on your TV. In the restaurant they did not seem able to please the cruiser.

What I mean is-we wanted shrimp every night or fruit and some nights we received it and other nights we did not. The waiter said he could not do special request and we would have to go though our head waiter. I am assuming this is a change with RCCL and not our waiter's fault. The chef also loved mushrooms and garlic. Because most of the dishes at dinner always had either garlic or mushrooms in or on them. I am not a fan.

Publication Date: 10/19/10