Carnival Valor Cruise Review by SusieQ4U

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

What a FUN SHIP
I traveled October 3-10 on the Carnival Valor's Western Caribbean cruise from Miami and had the TIME OF MY LIFE! I was traveling with a group of individuals from my hometown who were all roughly in the same age group as me. We had many seasoned travelers and a few first-timers.

While the opportunity existed, I suppose, to sit back and relax on this ship we chose to avail ourselves of many of the games, activities, etc. on the ship. It was FABULOUS. I couldn't wait to get up each morning and see what we were going to be doing.

Rough seas did make tender ports difficult and I heard that they quit tendering sometime around noon to Grand Cayman.

We probably had the best time at the Isla Roatan, Honduras stop. A large percentage of our group went to the Clip-N-Zip zipline center which is to the left and all the way down once you get into port. What fun that was! And only $40!

Then we had a BLAST in "Fat Tuesdays" and met a large group that was also in port that day from Carnival's "Dream".

Belize was another amazing stop on our trip with some amazing snorkeling! Soooo many excursion options available right when you get on the dock.

On the boat itself it seemed like there was always something going on. Contests by the pool, music everywhere, dancing, singing, you name it you could do it. I took some golf lessons on the ship to in the "golf cage" up top. The Golf Pro, David Layton, was AWESOME. He *really* did help my golf swing in one very great hour lesson! Plus it was just kind of neat to be up on the top of this ship, staring out at the ocean, hitting golf balls. :-)

I was so BUSY on this cruise that about half of the time I forgot to eat! I actually LOST TWO POUNDS on this trip! I was afraid of gaining weight after hearing so many stories of that happening on cruise ships. I was never hungry and when I forgot and missed a meal there was always pizza or room service meals available. I think the favorite food I ate was the Fish N Chips from up above the lido deck. They served a lot of stuff at that station but the plain old "Fish N Chips" was some of the best fish I've had in quite some time.

I've not been home a full week yet but I wake up every morning, still, laughing over some memory or other of this trip. I am having a different kind of "sea sickness" now and if I could, I'd board that boat again this Sunday for the same trip.

The cruise starts with a fun filled day at sea and then the four stops are all right in a row making for a go-go-go kind of week.

So if you want an action-packed fun-filled week hop on board the Carnival Valor!

Publication Date: 10/15/10