MSC Poesia Cruise Review by kerrien

Cruise Date: September 2010
Embarkation: Kiel
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
MSC Poesia Transatlantic Trip was awesome
I have cruised with many other companies and seen most of the world. This is not my first MSC cruise and I keep coming back. Last year we went on Musica and Fantasia and this year have just completed a transatlantic crossing on Poesia from Kiel in Germany. The trip was amazing and I cannot understand the the negative comments written here about MSC. Our voyage went like a charm.

We had no problem with embarkation, it's not like there were just the four of us to board, there was 2,500 people, have patience!! The staff from our cabin boys to our dining waiters were fabulous. I could NOT fault the food in any way. A wonderful variety and if you could not find something you liked on all the menus offered there is something very wrong.There are meal options of either formal or informal dining for every meal and it's your choice. As for cold buffet options I never ever had this problem.We ate like kings, from lobster to prawns and I personally put on 8 kilos in 18 days.The MSC ships are grand like no other line, brand new and the cabins are wonderful. I did not hear one person complaining while on board the ship so your comments are unfounded. We met plenty of people who were changed from the former itinerary/ship and all were having a ball on Poesia.I loved the nightly entertainment , perhaps you expected MSC to parachute in a new show every night.

We didn't do any of the shore excursions as I had mapped out what we planned to see in each port so if you choose to do the ships tours expect to pay. As for alcohol prices and the 6 E per day for gratuities perhaps next holiday you would be happier going camping. If you can't afford to buy a drink on board cruising is NOT for you.And finally I absolutely loved and will treasure forever cruising into New York city. A wonderful experience. Well done MSC, forget the negative comments, these people need to bring a personal butler and valet next time.

PS Boston was terrific.

Guess you also hold the captain responsible for the hurricane in Bermuda????

Publication Date: 10/15/10