Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Anne1MT: Great for our family

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Western Caribbean Cruises

Great for our family

Sail Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Tampa

I just wanted to give my thoughts because I had read several reviews before we went on our cruise. This was our first, so we had no idea what to expect.

My husband and I are in our 30's and we have a 4 year old daughter. Before we had our daughter, we always took really adventure packed vacations, so we never liked the idea of being stuck on a boad and on a schedule, but we got talked into it by our family and we're glad we listened. Since our daughter, vacations have been pretty tame and of course, we have been pretty limited because of watching our daughter and picking things she would love too.

The ship was in great shape, the food was awesome, and the weather was beautiful. I was amazed at the amount of food you could eat if you wanted to and we never bought any alcoholic drinks, so we're not your average cruisers.

So anyway, our room was enough room for us. The bathroom was of course small, but we're not large people, so it was great. My daughter More loved the towel animals every night and it was a good way to talk her into going back to the room after a night of activities. She LOVED camp carnival. We would get up, eat breakfast and let her swim. Then we would get her dressed and she would go do some activities with the camp for an hour or two. Then, back to swimming and after that, getting ready for dinner. We would dress up, which was fun, but nothing too fancy.

The dinner was great and it was crazy how you could order as much as you wanted. I never did order a bunch of entrees like some of our family, but it was all pretty great. The wait staff seemed very stressed and rushed, but I'm not big into people messing with me at dinner, so I was ok with it. I did ask for a lemonade for my daughter the last night and the waiter told me he had a bunch of other things to do and then he'd get it, and never brought it. haha

We got our picture made on the formal night and bought some of them because we had never had a family photo together so that was nice. I did read in some reviews how they bug you to take your picture, but we didn't experience that at all.

The downside: The ONE pool on the whole ship is 4 foot, nine inches deep all over. Thank goodness, our daughter could swim. The water slides were closed to any child under 42 inches and they had a splash pad but that was it around the slides. I will definitely check into that next time.

Like I said, our daughter loved camp carnival and she cried when we got home and she realized she couldn't go back. She stayed there in the afternoon for a few hours and at night for an hour or two if she didn't come to the shows with us.

The shows were pretty good, but they only had 2 singers and the guy singer wasn't that great. But it was something to do.

We went to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Swam with the dolphins in Cozumel and it was amazing!

all in all, was a wonderful trip for the money. I think I will check into a longer trip next time. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>