Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by rdmallory: Rough sailing but still had a good time

rdmallory
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Rough sailing but still had a good time

Sail Date: October 2010

This was our fourth Carnival cruise on the newest and largest ship yet. The seas were a little choppy but nothing I have not encountered in a 21ft fishing boat. Two to three foot seas most of the time. The wind did pick up one day but nothing major. This ship tossed and turned like a dinghy. I can understand a little rocking in the wind but this one porpoised so bad some times the front end would hit the water with a load bang. It was like it was out of trim or the ballast tanks were empty. It was so bad one night the canceled the show.

The schedule was not correct after the first missed port and canceled show so you just had to walk around and see what was going on.

Staff was friendly as always, and food was good but you could see the cutbacks in the food from earlier cruses.

We had one bad experience at Harry's steak house. The food was good but I thought the steak was a little dried out and not any better the main dining room. It was a very fancy More setting and a lot of staff to serve you. The cook came by and introduced himself and said he would stop by after we ate. Then desert came we decided to split a chocolate sampler. I got the the last item and discovered a stringy item I thought was some sort of spice only to discover it was a big black hair in the desert. I notified our waiter and she apologized and ask to replace the desert but by them we had had enough. The cook never came back over and I had to ask for the bill to sign out. It seamed they were too embarrassed to come back over. Later that night we received 4 chocolate covered strawberries at our stateroom. The ones we had seen earlier in the coffee shop for $2.50 for three. Personally I thought that was kind of tacky considering we had just spent over $70 for the meal.

Camp Carnival was great and out 6yr did not want to leave. Chair and seat hogs still about with the crew turning a blind eye as always. We noticed one day someone had tied four lounges together with personal beach towels next to the pool at noon. And at 8:30pm after lunch they were still empty and tied together. Everyone was too nice to use them or untie them and toss the towels in the trash.

Wet sauna was not working the day I went. just kind of warm and muggy not real hot. And the hot tubs were as cool as the pools.

The DVD they are selling has very little of the current cruise. Most of it is other cruises not like it used to be. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Panorama 1050

Great location, quiet, quick access to everything. Last to leave the ship.

Unless you get a chance to book a tour before you get on the cruise stay on the ship. Nothing but a tourist trap selling a bunch of junk from China. You would think they would take it out of the cardboard China boxes before trying to sell it. This was our make up port as the weather was too windy to port in Grand Turk.

Read 2666 Nassau Reviews

Took a tour booked through Carnival "Good Looking Tours". Spent all day at the rain forest. Another great tour and well worth the time and money.

Read 1378 San Juan Reviews

Took a tour with Henry's EEE tours and had a great time even though it rained a lot during the tour. It was a tour booked off the ship and with only 5 of us so he took us around in his wife's SUV so we would not have to ride around in the cattle truck. Very interesting fellow highly recommended.

Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews