Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by WICruisermml

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by WICruisermml
Serenade of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Member Name: WICruisermml
Cruise Date: September 2010
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: H
See More About: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Serenade of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans
The Energizer Bunny was on board
The itinerary for this cruise was excellent! The beaches were beautiful and the weather cooperated for the week. The crew really was great and the cruise director was fantastic. He was everywhere. I think he made it his goal to get to every event. I saw him more than I can believe. He was fun, funny and had tons of energy. He should have more opportunity to sing on the ship because the other entertainment wasn't as good as him singing. I asked a friend how the Piano bar was and his response was "horrible, he can't even sing in the key that he is playing in" that was disappointing because the venues for the piano bar was fantastic too and it was hard to hang out there when the singing was going on. The other on board musical entertainment wasn't that great either. I also have to say that the food menus were a bit weird. I will admit that I am hard to please when it comes to food but I skipped the dining room two nights because the menu didn't please me. The other nights were hard to find something interesting either. Two nights the steaks were dry and over done. The dining room management seated two single travelers at a table for 8 and no one else was at the table. This is really poor planning. 1. I would suggest asking first if cruisers plan to attend the dining room before they plan the tables. They could plan their seating based on that answer and still have room to place passengers if they decide to attend on a whim. Or allow choice seating as people enter the dining room. 2. I would suggest asking passengers if they prefer smaller tables? larger table? only their party at the table? I would think that single travelers don't want to eat alone, at least these two didn't. We liked each other which was nice so we enjoyed each others company but had no one else to talk to at this huge table. 3. Make it clear (outside) the dining room that it was always possible to order a steak or chicken if you didn't' like the menu for the evening cause that kept us out of the dining room for the two nights. (However the chicken wasn't a plain chicken either, it had strange sauce or marinade) I even had a hard time finding food in the WindJammer because there were lots of spicy dishes. (I didn't have the plain burgers/pizza that was the alternative, I tried to find regular food)

Best thing I did was take a stainless steel bottle and a backpack with me on the cruise, I filled it everyday with Ice and water, wrapped in a towel and had nice cold water for the day. Also fruit from the buffet provided snacks during the day.

Worst thing, staying in the return port a day after the cruise, you know you are not on the ship anymore and it's a true disappointment. Stay before if you have extra time.

I'd like to see some events last a bit longer. You just get going and having a good time and they are over in 20 minutes. The Safari room wasn't used near enough, it is a beautiful room!

Aside from these things, I had a great cruise, the staff really made up for the other problems. The beaches were great! When I got home I felt like I had been gone for three weeks. That's a good vacation!

Dennis - keep up the great work, I don't know how you keep going.......

Publication Date: 10/08/10
Read the Southern Caribbean ports review by WICruisermml
More Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Serenade of the Seas review Read the next Serenade of the Seas review

More Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews