Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by joewings: Bravo Solstice

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Bravo Solstice

Sail Date: September 2010

This is our first cruise on celebrity. My wife had been on Norwegian prior but the solstice was an awesome ship with wonderful service and the staff went over and above to make this cruise perfect. The meals were delicious with a tremendous variety of selections. If you didn't find anything you liked on the Solstice you were impossible to please. From the streamlined boarding process, it took less than 15 minutes from the time we left the hotel van to the time we were onboard, to the welcome champagne the cruise started out right. We had a veranda cabin just forward of amidships and it was spacious and very well appointed. The bathroom was spacious and the shower was large enough for my 230 pound frame. I really like the shower head too! the formal night was great with about 60% having tux's and the rest suits. We opted for the Celebrity Select where we could dine when we choose and never had to wait more than 5 min. to be seated. Our server "Cruz" was very attentive and anticipated More our needs. The entertainment was good, not exceptional but Las Vegas type that offered a wide variety from Broadway to circus acts. the captain was most entertaining and a real comic. We stopped at San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Marten. We could have skipped San Juan but the other 2 were beautiful and I look forward to returning. We didn't take any shore trips offered by the ship but opted to negotiate with the people once we arrived ashore. This worked out fine for us on 2 occasions we had a taxi to ourselves and the drivers were informative and we saved about 40%. We paid 90.00 for a 5 hour tour of St. marten in an air-conditioned van just my wife and I and the driver stopped and let us shop and sightsee as he waited patiently for my wife to buy souvenirs. I would recommend the celebrity solstice for the comfort luxury staff and effeminacy.

On St. Martin the French side is quaint and the Dutch side is more populated. The beaches are beautiful on both sides but especially on the French side. The French beaches are clothing optional so if you have small children you may want to keep on the Dutch side. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Oceanveiw Stateroom Vista Deck (8) 8150

Cabin was spacious and very comfortable. Large bathroom, plenty of storage space under the sofa, bed and closet. Balcony was large with 2 lounge chairs and a small table. Great for that morning coffee. Even though we were only about 15 steps from the elevator we never heard a sound in our room.