Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by lady-14: Fun Times!

Carnival Fantasy 5

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

Day 1 - Embarkation

My husband and I boarded the Carnival Fantasy on Friday, September 24, 2010. We parked our car at the port (this was extremely efficient and convenient) and took a shuttle bus to the check in area. I was worried at first because there were many people mulling around however the lines moved quickly and in no time we were on board and sent to the Lido deck for lunch. Everything was organized and although there were many people attempting to eat at the same time it went smoothly. Once we were done eating we went to our room, we wanted to check it out. To our disbelief, my husband's suitcase was already there - only an hour after we boarded. Wow, we were certainly off to a good start! Shortly after my suitcase arrived and we set off to explore. I was happy to learn that the muster drill would happen before sail away and we would have enough time to get outside to watch. Once we were "at sea" we headed inside to start partying! **Definite must, visit Savio at More the Majestic Bar. He is awesome!** We began our trip there and were a constant fixture on the stools for at least a little while each day. Dinner was relaxed on the first evening and even though there were shows to see we never made it them on this night. Day 2 - At Sea

My husband and I spent a nice relaxing day exploring the ship. The ship only has one pool and it was slightly crowded so we opted to walk around instead of staying put there for too long. We enjoyed lunch at the buffet and headed to the spa for a massage. The massage was fabulous! Once done I saw many women getting their hair done in the salon for formal night, I never knew so many women did this. I hadn't planned on having my hair done but since I was there and they could fit me in, why not? It was done quickly and I was off to get dressed for dinner. Formal night was great, the food was fabulous and the staff entertaining.

Day 3 - Freeport, Bahamas

We got off the ship after breakfast and took a taxi to Our Lucaya. The taxi stand is right outside where the ship docks and costs only $5/person. The hotel/resort had a casino which was a nice surprise. We headed to the towel stand by the pool and purchased a day pass for $20/person. This allowed us to use the pool, lounge chairs and towels for the day. You may use the beach by this resort for free. A waitress came around and took drink/food orders so it was an extremely relaxing day.

Day 4 - Nassau, Bahamas

We got off the ship and walked around town on our own. We bought souvenirs and had lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. Taxis/tour operators are readily available outside of the ship should you be interested.

Day 5 - At Sea

Weather was not great on this day as we headed back to Charleston so we went for another massage. Hey, why not? We're on vacation! Lol We, of course, spent some time with our new friend Savio and packed our bags. We skipped the dining room and opted for dinner at the buffet, they serve the same food - you just serve yourself.

We arrived back in Charleston at 6 a.m. on Wednesday morning and opted to take our bags off the ship our self. We waited, impatiently, for our floor/section to be called so we could leave the ship and begin our journey home to NY.

Just a few things to add, I couldn't remember on which day we did what so I didn't include it above.

We saw and adult comedian one night, he was FUNNY! Definitely for adults only so keep the kids away. We also saw a juggler/comedian, he was good too. My husband and I also played bingo one day and although we didn't win, :(, we had a good time. Less

Published 10/07/10

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: 6AR237 Ocean View

Great location, very quiet!

Read All Ocean View (6A) Reviews >>

We enjoyed the hotel/resort we visited however besides this there isn't much else to do in Freeport.

Read 1082 Freeport Reviews

Although we didn't do much here it is because we spent 9 days here for our honeymoon last year and took this trip mostly to relax. My husband and I love Nassau, the people are great and there is alot to do.

Read 4169 Nassau Reviews

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Bahamas Cruises

Member Since 2010
21 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X