Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by lcrenshw: Norwegian Epic has room for improvement

Norwegian Epic 4
Member Since 2009
16 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Norwegian Epic has room for improvement

Sail Date: September 2010

My husband and I just returned from our first cruise with Norwegian. We've taken 5 prior cruises with Royal Caribbean, but thought we'd give the new Epic a try. The service on the Epic was fabulous. I cannot say enough about the staff---they were wonderful. However, there were some things that we definitely did not like. The bathroom design on the Epic was not carefully thought out. As you walk into the stateroom, immediately on your right was the shower. Immediately on your left the toilet. Although each had it's own frosted glass door, there was no real privacy. In fact, if one person were taking a shower and another person opened the door, anyone walking through the corridor could look in and see the person in the shower. Secondly, the sink is also a poor design. It was impossible to wash your hands, face or brush your teeth without getting water all over the floor.

The beds are rather interesting as well. They are actually round. So, in my case, I'm 5'10" tall and my More feet hung over the side of the bed.

While we enjoyed the freestyle dining experience of being able to eat when you want, we missed the traditional assigned seating. In the past, we've enjoyed having dinner every night with the same group of people. We've always enjoyed meeting new people from different parts of the country or the world. This time, because we were only a party of 2, we were always seated alone.

Another flaw seemed to be with the photo stations throughout the ship. Rather than having the photo team stationed at the traditional staircase or in some large common area, they were at the end of very busy aisle ways, causing traffic jams.

The last thing that we missed from our past Royal Caribbean ships is having a walking deck. On the Epic, because of the very large water slide and the private suites, you lose having a deck that runs the full length and width of the ship. So in other words, there really isn't a deck on which you can take a walk around the entire ship. Less

Published 10/07/10

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: B4 Family Balcony

Bad bathroom design; small balcony cabin; odd bed shape (too small)

Read All Family Balcony (B4) Reviews >>
Member Since 2009
16 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X