Disney Magic 5

“Now I'm Really Hooked on Cruising!”
Cruise review of Disney Magic

Borisbuddy
Member Since 2010
54 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I'm like the reviewer who said she's never had a bad cruise. After reading lots of your reviews, I'd say maybe I've been very lucky or maybe I'm just easy to please. Anyhow, this Disney cruise was such a cheerful experience that I can hardly think of anything bad to say about it.

It wasn't a very full cruise, so it seemed we guests got lots of attention. The food was good. The entertainment and staff superb. I know the ship is pretty old, but seems to be in great shape. My free upgrade was a nice bonus! The European ports were terrific, although we did run into potential pickpocket situations 4 times on shore.

If I had to find a negative, it would be just the same things I read on many other reviews: the universal theme of the cruiseline desperately trying to get every dime they can out of its passengers! At least Disney did it tastefully, when they pushed their very high priced alcohol, bingo, artwork, shore excursions, spa stuff & internet access (which was More extreemly difficult to find hot-spots for).

Disney did make you feel so happy that you hardly noticed the above. I suspect that the crew wasn't as happy as we guests, though, so I worry about how Disney treats and pays them. (Some seemed actually depressed). I felt sorry for them on my other cruises too, though, so I always try to be as nice & friendly as I can to them. Will definitely take more Disney cruises & would recommend them to others. The kid factor was not a problem, as I made sure to go when school was just starting. Didn't notice any rude guests....they all seemed as happy as me! Less

Disney Magic Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

5C5622
Absolutely perfect, (except no WiFi in this room, or on whole ship for that matter)! Huge closet, lots of storage, good balcony, handy to elevators but not noisy due to them.

Lovely "Modernista" architecture! Lots to see. Must spend time here pre- or post-cruise. Great Metro subway, so easy to get around.

Read 1308 Barcelona Reviews

Fascinating stuff to see, on foot, busses or horse carriage. Interesting from historical point of view.

Super stuff to see at this port. But scary place, need to go with tour group or guide.

Read 946 Naples Reviews

The ultimate in port cities. Must do efficient touring to see as much as possible, so research it out first. Unforgetable & numerous sights. Seems safer than Naples.

Very different than most ports, but cool to see. A very modern city. Must go with a tour guide, though.

Lovely & safe with great transportation to nearby cities on Riviera.

Published 10/07/10

Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review

Disney Magic Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?