Disney Magic Cruise Review by Borisbuddy

Cruise Date: August 2010
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 5C
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
Now I'm Really Hooked on Cruising!
I'm like the reviewer who said she's never had a bad cruise. After reading lots of your reviews, I'd say maybe I've been very lucky or maybe I'm just easy to please. Anyhow, this Disney cruise was such a cheerful experience that I can hardly think of anything bad to say about it.

It wasn't a very full cruise, so it seemed we guests got lots of attention. The food was good. The entertainment and staff superb. I know the ship is pretty old, but seems to be in great shape. My free upgrade was a nice bonus! The European ports were terrific, although we did run into potential pickpocket situations 4 times on shore.

If I had to find a negative, it would be just the same things I read on many other reviews: the universal theme of the cruiseline desperately trying to get every dime they can out of its passengers! At least Disney did it tastefully, when they pushed their very high priced alcohol, bingo, artwork, shore excursions, spa stuff & internet access (which was extreemly difficult to find hot-spots for).

Disney did make you feel so happy that you hardly noticed the above. I suspect that the crew wasn't as happy as we guests, though, so I worry about how Disney treats and pays them. (Some seemed actually depressed). I felt sorry for them on my other cruises too, though, so I always try to be as nice & friendly as I can to them.

Will definitely take more Disney cruises & would recommend them to others. The kid factor was not a problem, as I made sure to go when school was just starting. Didn't notice any rude guests....they all seemed as happy as me!

Publication Date: 10/07/10