Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by barnett22

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by barnett22
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: barnett22
Cruise Date: September 2010
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: GS
Rates 5+

Fabulous, Gorgeous Bermuda
This was a family cruise with my parents (age 77 & 78) and brother(46). We had Grand suites located next to each other. It was definitely a pleasure not to fly to get on this cruise, Just a 35 minute car ride from Long Island (this is unheard of, I LOVE IT !!!). Embarkation was painless. We got to the pier about 11:25 am. We had special check in for Suite guest. We ate at the Windjammer for lunch, the food was ok. At 1:30pm our suites were ready. We had Concierge service on this entire trip, this was my first time to book a suite and I think I'm spoiled now. So much room, marble bathroom with double granite counter sinks, Jacuzzi tub and shower. Ample closet space, 32" flat screen t.v. this room is so big that we were able to reconfigure the sleeping quarters ( separating the beds in a different angle makes it feel that you are not on top of each other made it feel really spacious).

The concierge service was fantastic..we went down on the 9th floor to the concierge lounge every night at 5pm for hors d'oeuvre and cocktails before dinner. Fresh chocolate dipped strawberries and hors d'oeuvre delivered every night to the rooms ( can this be for real ???!!!). We also had special reserved seats for all shows and special seating at the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch.

Entertainment: The shows were good. Plenty of games and entertainment on this ship: A must, is to go and see or participate in the game called the "Quest" that is some wild game, Love it! things that your eyes won't believe, CRAZY STUFF.

Port: I was totally impressed. Can't believe that this island is only 600 miles off the coast of North Carolina. Bermuda is soooo lovely so clean. The water is so green and blue and inviting. Great for a quick get away especially if you live on the eastern sea coast.

Food: The food was especially better in the Main dining rooms. They served my favorite dessert "Strawberry Pavlova" yummy yummy !!!

Disembarkation: Was painless.

Summary: This was my 13th cruise and my 3rd cruise with RCCL. Leaving from Jersey or from NYC is great especially if you are travelling with senior parents..no fly hassel. This is an itinerary I would definitely do again...Just wished the ship stayed 3 days in Bermuda rather than 2 days.

Publication Date: 10/07/10