Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by havingfun488: Better than expected!

havingfun488
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Better than expected!

Sail Date: September 2010
Embarkation: Galveston

My husband and I recently took our first cruise. I thought it would be an ok vacation and my husband was a little skeptical, but we decided to go because it was more affordable than some of the other options we had explored. Boy we were surprised!!

After the first hour on the ship it finally hit us we were on officially on vacation. The ship is a little dated and the carpet near the elevators was ugly enough to cause it's own sea sickness but other than that I really didn't have any complaints. My husband was a little stressed by the fact that the remote on the TV never worked when he tried to use it and when they came to fix it the silly thing worked every time....LOL!

Lots of reviews seem to think the food is not all that great, however I am a chef and restaurant owner and I think what they do is an amazing job considering they are feeding over 3,000 people (three meals daily and then some). That is no easy feat I don't care who you are. Our waiter remembered our More name after the first night and made us feel welcome.

Last but not least, I was all about the adults only section where screaming little ill behaved brats are forbidden. Don't get me wrong I love well behaved children, but more times than not these days they are telling the parent what to do instead of vise versa, so a big KUDOS to carnival for offering this option. I only wish they offered an adults only cruise for patrons over the age of 25.

Not only would I recommend this cruise to others, we have booked the same cruise leaving on Valentine's day 2011 as well as the second or third sailing of the Magic, coming to Galveston in Nov. 2011. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Interior Main

The rooms were small but adequate for what we paid for. Love the fact that there is no window for light to come in so you actually get to sleep in complete and total darkness no matter what time of day or night it is.

still a ton of street begging but the water was amazing and worth the inconvenience until we could get a cab to the beach.

Read 3120 Cozumel Reviews

too many aggressive beggars trying to sell over inflated products.

Read 285 Progreso Reviews