Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by WishIwerethere

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by WishIwerethere
Grandeur of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Member Name: WishIwerethere
Cruise Date: September 2010
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

An enjoyable - relaxing cruise
Selected this cruise for the price and ports. The ship was in really nice shape for it's age and the crew was excellent. The shows were nothing to write home about with the exception of the Beatlemania show which was REALLY good.

Embarkation was really easy and quick. Kudos to RCI.

Food in the Windjammer was good, not exceptional, but the service in WJ was excellent. The crew were attentive and helpful.

Meals in the main dining room were again good but not exceptional. The menu was fairly diverse. Good appetizers but I found the beef selections not as good as previous cruises. The duck was also nothing special, and I was wishing I had gone with something different.

On a bright note, whether it was the class of passengers or the class of the ship, formal night in the MDR was a joy with the VAST majority of cruisers dressed up for the event. Nearly all had at least nice shirt and pants, dresses, or suits, and an occasional tux and very, very few persons who I would consider sloppy dressed ( no shorts, tank tops etc) I know this can be a sensitive point for many but it was just a refreshing formal night.

As a Crown and Anchor member I was disappointed. We got coupon books with coupons we couldn't use. No Johnny Rockets etc. And there was no loyalty gift.

I think RCI could revamp the loyalty program a little and change up the coupon book. Overall we had a great time and great Service. Not exceptional but very enjoyable.

We visited beaches at Gr. Cayman and Cozumel. Snorkeling was great at Playa Mia on Cozumel. Again this was a relaxing cruise, not an activity filled cruise for us.

I will probably not sail on this class of ship again, but really enjoy the Voyager class for things to do and the Freedom class for family activity. We docked next to Oasis in Cozumel. WOW !!! We will probably cruise on the Oasis class someday, but it may be just too big to thoroughly enjoy. I will have to check some Oasis reviews.

Royal Caribbean has been my preference, but with the noticeable lack of some sort of better customer loyalty program or pricing, I find that Carnival offers some better deals price wise with just a little lower level of service, and they are probably going to get some more of my return business.

Viking Crown Lounge was a great location for before dinner drinks but we were amazed how few people visited there.

The old small TV's in cabins did not allow for interactive review of your account, or booking of excursions etc. A real negative in my opinion. Otherwise the cabin was very adequate and well serviced.

Debarkation was breeze with the self carry express debarkation process.

This was a good cruise for the price we paid, and I would not discourage anyone from this ship or itinerary. Just not a great cruise.

Publication Date: 10/06/10