MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by Jeff and Sharon

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by Jeff and Sharon
MSC Orchestra
MSC Orchestra
Member Name: Jeff and Sharon
Cruise Date: September 2010
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: MSC Orchestra Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Orchestra Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Orchestra Deck Plans
Great Cruise,shame about the Staff
In terms of cost we got the deal of the Century,Return flights to Barcelona,a night in a 4 star Hotel and 8 Nights cruising all for £500 each in September !! We always bared this in mind when we encountered problems aboard. We had been allocated Two cabins,and was told we had to move when we got to Malaga...The first Cabin was a disabled one and the Floor would flood when we Showered,also the ceiling would rattle all night which meant a broken sleep. We went to the Reception to see if we could change,this is when we first encoutered the Italian Staff who tend to have the more senior Jobs...The Girl simply said "NO" it's not a disabled Cabin which was laughable,when she was told to recheck she agreed it was...she called for head of Housekeeping and his answer was to say "well I never allocated ou this Cabin"...I told him that's true but surely it's your Job to sort problems out,whilst I was speaking to him he interupted and said"well you can give me a chance to speak"....

The Second bit of rudeness and we was only a day into our Holiday !! Whilst leaving the Ship to go ashore at Genoa my Wife gave the Security man her card,the passenger in front was asking for his Knife of all things and they were checking through a box,I said to the security man Ill take our card and leave the other side and he said no...so I just picked it up and he said "well why did u give it to me then"....it left me fuming and I let him know !!! Add to this a A member of staff in the Buffet starting an argument with me coz I dared to pick a Plate up myself rather than let him hand it to me,this just left me completely stunned....also a shuttle bus to Town a senior Member of staff (Italian)made the staff who were going ashore get out of their seats,even though no one needed one..this made me feel sick when this is a few precious hours for these people and they deserved better !!! The bottom line is....we had a fantastic time,we met wonderful people....the Staff in the restaurants and the Bars and also cleaning are Lovely...they themselves dislike the Upper management who treat them badly and I can see why,if they speak to us like that god Knows what they say to them...

Food is good in the Restaurants,drinks are very,very expensive all over the Ship...Refuse to pay the Service charges added per day,7 Euros each...because the Staff do Not get this...we Had to write a letter saying we would not pay it and simply tipped the Waiters,Bar and cleaning staff ourselves !!! If you get a deal like us then use MSC,if you are paying full price don't touch them with a Bargepole,spend you hard earned where you get a bit more respect !!!

Publication Date: 10/06/10