MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Mike W: Splendida food wasn't splendid!

Mike W
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on MSC Splendida Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Splendida food wasn't splendid!

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

The Splendida is a beautiful ship but the onboard experience is totaly ruined by the quality of the food. I figured an Italian ship would have great food. How can you not even have great bread on a European ship? The food was so terrible that we would bring back sandwiches from our excursions. We didn't even bother going to the last 3 dinning room diners of the 7 day trip. Instead we tried the paying restaurants which weren't that great. After all, it is difficult to screw up on a pizza of an echillada! The buffet was equally disapointing with uncooked bacon and saussages.

I really advise anyone planning a cruise to STAY AWAY from MSC.

I've been on other cruises such as Royal Caribean, Celebrity, Holland America and there is no comparing. They are WAY better.

I can't understand that a cruiseline can't offer an equal service. MSC should be aware of the quality of the food on other cruiselines and should make an effort.

I also noticed that most of More the staff are from 3rd world countries and are not as evolved in the client services.

It's too bad because a cruise to Europe isn't a cheap trip and the food/service is a big part of the experience... Beautiful ship...but STAY AWAY Less

Read more MSC Splendida cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Splendida Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Splendida Oceanview with Balcony De Chirico Deck 13064

We had a great cabin with a balcony. Spacious & well designed