Carnival Valor Cruise Review by loveit55

Member Name: loveit55
Cruise Date: September 2010
Cabin Category: 8F

Not Up to Standards
This is my first review, most of the time I have been too busy after a vacation to take the time to write. In this instance I feel I have some things worth passing on to those considering the Valor as their vacation on the high seas.

I understand that things change from day to day, additions and subtractions from staff and just the possibility of having an off day can slant a reviewers perspective drastically. With that in mind I would like to update the reviews here with respect to the Valor.

One of the highlights of the trip was our balcony cabin, it afforded great views, privacy and escape from the revelry in the other parts of the ship. Our room steward was the best I have ever had on Carnival! The room was kept immaculately, cleaning and room preparation was discreet never once did I surprise staff in the room. A+

Room Service was an issue, having booked numerous excursions and wanting to take advantage of sunrise breakfast prior to disembarking the ship we requested room service on our second morning. We waited over an hour and it never came we grabbed a quick bite from the buffet and left the ship. We did get service on a second date it arrived on time. C-

Food in general was not up to standard in my opinion with some of the other ships in the Carnival line. As I have seen others write, the buffet was many times tepid, over or under cooked, prepared with little or no imagination. There were always long lines for the specialties like burritos or fish and chips as a testimony to the average but gut busting quality of the main buffets. More than once the Pizzeria only had one offering available without a 20 minute wait. The formal dining rooms were lackluster as well, although the food was a step up from the buffet, there always seemed to be one thing that did not go as planned. From running out of an entree to selling a wine package and then running out of a particular type of wine to the half hearted table dancing of the wait staff this cruise experience was not what I am used to from Carnival. C+

Having read the reviews on this site I was excited to see some of the shows offered on board. We did see two and a half. The Magician was excellent, the variety show worth seeing, the final night show with guests as part of the cast we could not finish. It is not that I did not appreciate the work put in by shipmates, but if I wanted bad Karaoke I would have done that in the regular venue. The third show we wanted to see was reduced to one viewing and conflicted with dinner so I cannot average it in the mix. C+

All in All, I would compare this experience to visiting a WalMart, everything was there, just not the quality I am used to or I am sure Carnival wants everyone to expect.

Publication Date: 10/06/10