Canadian Empress Cruise Review by Cowgirl10: Rolling on the River!

Canadian Empress 5

Rolling on the River!

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Quebec City

I have wanted to cruise in the 1000 Islands and on the St. Lawrence River for some time, so I have been looking at this cruise line for years! We finally got a date that worked! The cruise met all my expectations and then some. The small crew was fantastic!

Although the cabins are very small, they are certainly adequate. And who wants to stay in the cabin when there was so much to see and do?

The ports of call interesting. We learned a lot of history and fascinating facts about the areas. All the shore excursions were well organized. The Cruise Director joked about our "stretch limos". They were really school buses, but the rides were short.

The food was delicious. They offered 1/2 portions, so that was a plus. I only gained 5 pounds!

This is not a cruise for a family with small children. Most of the passengers were in the 60 to 80 range, most quite active. They were an interesting collection from many locations -- Canada, Texas, Australia, More Hawaii, Florida, California, New York. Less

Published 10/06/10

1 Helpful Vote

Read more Canadian Empress cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Canadian Empress Review >>

Cabin review: NA17

Although the cabins on the Canadian Empress are tiny, they are certainly adequate. There were many nooks and crannies to store your items. The windows opened for fresh air. The cabin stewards kept the staterooms spotless. I cannot imaging anyone wanting to stay in their cabin when there were so many fun people on the cruise.

In Montreal, we were given a 2 hour bus tour. It gave us a good understanding of the City. It just so happens that I am not a fan of large modern cities.

We stayed in Quebec City for 3 days before our cruise. The Old City is delightful. We took some interesting tours, ate some wonderful meals. I would definitely go back there.

Cowgirl10
Member Since 2010
1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?