Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by flipflop

Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: flipflop
Cruise Date: September 2010
Cabin Category: 07
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Don't Cruise Celebrity Solstice unless........:-)
Often when anyone does someone a lot, the hype and excitement goes away. I found myself doing that with cruising. New ships came out and while they had new features, it was hard for me to get that excitement back that I felt when I first started cruising.

Then came the Celebrity Solstice, and the return of the excitement. Big time!

First biggie--the crew. The captain is the funniest I have ever heard. He should be a comedian. The executive chef, same thing. I saw him on the LIDO deck tasting food several times. The cruise director, Lisa Richard,is the best in the business for several reasons. One, you see her all over the ship...all the time..interacting with guest. And when she sings...WOW! She spent four years in Mama Mia...so you get the picture.

I won't go detail by detail, except for the things that blew me away. The enclosed Solarium pool, for me, is the highlight of the ship because (1) its adults only (2) a really comfortable place to relax and read or sleep (3) the design blew me away. Add the Spa cafe with healthier foods to the mix and its a real home run.

The feel of this ship, especially when you are in the shops area, is more like an upscale hotel than a ship, with winding halls, high ceilings, and art-deco "stuff."

The Ocean View Cafe was outstanding. It is very large and handles crowds well. Even though the ship holds about 3,000 other than the embarkation day, there was never an issue about finding a place to sit and eat. A welcome change from previous cruises on other large ships.

There is no way I could do justice to the style of the ship, from the library contained on two decks and seeming to hang into space, to the shapes that they have used to keep away from the cookie cutter look. (yea, this is weird) The elevators with the glass walls, are now box shaped, they look like "flying art" as they go up and down. The plates in the dining room, different shapes, even the ice buckets in the room, art-deco look.

The food was outstanding, but I learned a long time ago not to remark on the food as every one's taste is different. I will say I think this ship had the best food of the three Celebrity ships I have sailed.

Book the ship...!!