MSC Lirica Cruise Review by paul phillips: MSC Lirica - Eastern Med

MSC Lirica - Eastern Med

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Genoa

Firstly, we are not new to cruise holidays, in fact I would say our preferred choice of holiday for a lot of years has been a cruise.

If this had been my first cruise,I would never take another one!!

With the exception of the staff who serviced our cabin, I found the staff very uninterested,and lazy. We were a minority,and felt very "out" of things in lots of ways. I found the ship very expensive, and the excursions I can only describe as "RIP OFFS"

In one port,they wanted 20 euros each, to take us into town.We used the local taxi boat service ,for 4 euros each.

I have never been in a dining room before, where a fist fight broke out at the table next to us! But this was the women who were fighting, while there husbands sat and laughed at the spectacle!!

Another passenger physically assaulted one of the tour guides, because she would not let him board the coach smoking a cigar! Him and his wife were carted away by the local police! More

In short, a disaster of a holiday,my first with an Italian line,and my last!! My wife and I both agree, that if we were offered another holiday with MSC, free of charge , we would refuse it!!!

I could go on ,about the quality of the food etc.,but I would rather not remember it all!!!

If you are an English speaker,and thinking of booking with MSC,think again!! Less

Read more MSC Lirica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Lirica Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Lirica Superior Balcony Albinoni Deck 9234

very well fitted,lots of storage. air con was faulty,did not get repaired while we were on board.cabin was freezing all the time, had to get extra blankets!!! could hear everything that was going on in the surrounding cabins,children crying,or playing,couple rowing in another,and what can only be described as a"honeymoon couple" in another !!!! i didn't get a lot of rest!!!