MSC Lirica Cruise Review by paul phillips

Cruise Date: September 2010
Embarkation: Genoa
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 9
See More About: MSC Lirica Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Lirica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Lirica Deck Plans
MSC Lirica - Eastern Med
Firstly, we are not new to cruise holidays, in fact I would say our preferred choice of holiday for a lot of years has been a cruise.

If this had been my first cruise,I would never take another one!!

With the exception of the staff who serviced our cabin, I found the staff very uninterested,and lazy. We were a minority,and felt very "out" of things in lots of ways. I found the ship very expensive, and the excursions I can only describe as "RIP OFFS"

In one port,they wanted 20 euros each, to take us into town.We used the local taxi boat service ,for 4 euros each.

I have never been in a dining room before, where a fist fight broke out at the table next to us! But this was the women who were fighting, while there husbands sat and laughed at the spectacle!!

Another passenger physically assaulted one of the tour guides, because she would not let him board the coach smoking a cigar! Him and his wife were carted away by the local police!

In short, a disaster of a holiday,my first with an Italian line,and my last!! My wife and I both agree, that if we were offered another holiday with MSC, free of charge , we would refuse it!!!

I could go on ,about the quality of the food etc.,but I would rather not remember it all!!!

If you are an English speaker,and thinking of booking with MSC,think again!!

Publication Date: 10/04/10