Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Bella1031

Member Name: Bella1031
Cruise Date: September 2010
Cabin Category: D8

My Review Oasis Sept 18. 2010
Words and pictures of this ship do not do it justice. We had a great time. Gonna break it down into sections.

Pre-cruise hotel: Stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and would recommend this hotel...stay in the tower rooms though. Great views of the cruise terminals. Don't eat at the restaurants at the hotel unless you wanna pay big $$$ for food.

Embarkation: Like others have said, from parking to the ship is about 15 minutes. Very quick and efficient.

Food: Comparable to other RCCL ships. We had some great dinners and some not so great dinners. Our waiter in the main dining room was Raul from Romania. He was OUTSTANDING! I cannot say enough about this guy. He had such a great personality and was very funny. He had us laughing all the time. He was very personable and told us all about his family and his 2 little kids back home. You could tell he was a family man. This was his last week on the ship, he's going home to his family until after the holidays and will be back on the Oasis in January. Ask for him if you go on the Oasis. He was by far the best waiter we've ever had. We ate at Chops one night...excellent and would recommend. There are so many other places to eat that were great as well. We only ate at the Windjammer once upon boarding and did not miss it afterwards...it was a madhouse. We ate at the Cupcake Cupboard...it was good but too rich for me. Johnny Rockets was great as usual and has a great breakfast which is complimentary.

Activities: Too many! There was something to do for everyone at any given time. No way could you be bored on this ship. Absolutely loved Central Park. The Boardwalk was great but didn't spend alot of time there as most everything has a fee.

Entertainment: Richard Spacey was our Cruise Director and was by far the best we've seen. He's hilarious. Hairspray was ok..the performance was great but I've never liked the play. The Aqua and Ice Show is a definite must see. Amazing. Come Fly With Me was great too but not one of my favorites. The comedy show wasn't that great...we've seen better.

Ports of Call: We did the Western Itinerary. Cozumel was great. Did the Speedboat,Snorkel,Beach Break and had a great time. Shopped afterwards. Costa Maya...if I never go back there it will be too soon. I was not impressed. I know they got wiped out by a hurricane a few years ago but I could not wait to get back on the ship. We did a Catamaran Snorkel there and had we not done that, I would have walked off the ship and walked right back on. I was heartbroken when I saw what they've done to Labadee. We went at few years ago on the Freedom and it was one of my favorite places. Not anymore. They took one of the coves and made it into a suites only private cove which I thought was outrageous. The other cove was taken up by the new dock, leaving one cove to swim in which was filthy with trash floating everywhere and the main beach which is hard to swim in b/c of all the rocks and rough waves. Did the Zip Line which was fun but the 2.5 hour wait was ridiculous. They've done too much to Labadee, I think.

Disembarkation: We carried our own bags off. Took us 10 minutes to get from the ship to the car and we were back on I-95 by 6:45am.

Other little things: I honestly wish I had done the Eastern Itinerary. I almost changed it when Costa Maya was put in the place of Jamaica but the rest of our group had just booked with us so decided not to and I regret it. I like what they've done with the pictures. Instead of going and finding your pics, you have a number on your sea pass. You go to Focus, find your folder with the number on it and the pics are inside. Great idea. The photographers were obnoxious. I got so tired of posing for pics. Never had trouble finding a spot on the pool deck.

Overall we had a great cruise and would recommend this ship to anyone! Can't wait to sail on her again!

Publication Date: 10/04/10