Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by oshunreef: Earl blew us away from Bermuda and to the Bahamas

oshunreef
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Earl blew us away from Bermuda and to the Bahamas

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Just the two of us on this cruise - celebrating our 31st Anniversary - Ages in the 50's. Of course, the disappointment at first was a bit overwhelming after being in Bermuda before and not being able to sail there again, due to Hurricane Earl. We were very pleased that RCI offered us to either sail to Bahamas and take a substantial room credit or get a letter to rebook a cruise that had to be used within a year. If it wasn't for the room credit we would not have gone, but figured it was worth it. Baltimore Harbor is very easy to get to from just about anywhere. Parking is right there at the Harbor. Enbarkment was quick and easy after arriving at around 11:15am. We were on the ship by noon after the check in process. Going into the lobby was a thrill to see. We grabbed an excursion paper and were eating in the Windjammer Cafe by 12:15 and enjoyed looking around this beautiful ship.

This was our 2nd Royal Caribbean voyage and are very pleased on the service that was offered on More this ship. Sitting a lunch, a staff member came up to us and ask us what we would like to drive. We said we would get it and he said no, I insist, and brought us our drinks. Throughout the cruise in the Cafe they brought a tray around a served coffee and juices for breakfast. Our interior room must have been in the newer section added to the ship for we had a shower door in our room. Don't like those shower curtains touching us. Other friends that were further down the hallway did not have shower doors. The room had plenty of space for the two of us to put our clothes plus we had lots of extra room. It was spacious, quiet, and always clean. Our room Steward, Moses, did an excellent job taking care of our room and needs.

The entertainment was very good. A few nights were comedian and the other nights were the singers and dancers. It was very enjoyable and the theater was beautiful. There was plenty of things going on around the ship. There was the Belly Flop Contest, the game Quest (hilarious), the Sexy Leg competition, and lots of entertainment around the ship. The My Fair Lady Dining Rooms was beautiful. Our waiter was excellent and we enjoyed every meal. Disappointed about missing Bermuda, but was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful ship. The only thing that probably bothered most people on the ship were the rough seas. With high waves and lots of rocking and rolling, there were many ill people. My husband was fine, I took ginger after breakfast because I was feeling a little funny, but it pasted quickly. The staff put vomit bags at the end of every stairwell which I guess was necessary. They closed one of the pools due to the water splashing. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 3581

Our Cabin #3581 was in the center of ship, lots of drawers, shelves, and closet space. Our room had a door to the room next door which I believe would be room #3583, so would be great for a family that wants two rooms together. It was pretty quiet and our room Steward, Moses, was fantastic. My happiest moment was when I saw it had shower doors instead of a shower curtain. Might not mean much to others but I don't like when it sticks to me and I don't know who used it before me. LOL

Nassau is a very lovely port with lots of shopping available right outside the port. When we arrived there were two other ships, a Disney ship and a Carnival ship. We did the Atlantis Beach Day excursion which included the beach,towel and chair and we were able to go through the aquarium on our own. It was very sunny, hot and humid so the walk from where the boat that took us over towards Atlantis to Atlantis was very miserable. We were soaking wet by the time they walked us to the beach. It then took over 30 minutes to receive our towels. After finally settling in, we enjoyed the Beach and the water was refreshing and beautiful. There was rough surf but we were in a secluded cove area so it was not too bad. We enjoyed walking through the Aquarium, did a little shopping at the straw market,then back to the ship. The second day we had to be back on the ship by 11:30am so we did the Paradise tour which was just okay. Not exactly a lot to see in Nassau as far as a tour.

Read 2646 Nassau Reviews