Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Love4Cruises86

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Love4Cruises86
Carnival Valor
Carnival Valor
Member Name: Love4Cruises86
Cruise Date: June 2010
Cabin Category: 6B

Cruisin' Memories...
Overall, our cruise was amazing! My boyfriend and I went with another couple, and with us all being in our early 20's we couldn't have picked a better cruise line for our age group. Carnival is definitely for the younger generation.

The food was pretty delicious and Scarlett's Steakhouse served some of the best steak (filet mignon!) that I've ever had. In fact, my boyfriend is still comparing every steak that he eats to the steak he had there... 3 months later. I would definitely recommend Scarlett's; it's totally worth the $30/person fee. As for our dining time, we chose "Your Time Dining" and it was a great choice. Basically, you could eat dinner in the Lincoln Dining Room anytime between 5:45 - 9:30 PM and we NEVER had to wait for a table. The food in the Lincoln Dining Room certainly satisfied me most nights (I think there was only one meal that I didn't like, some chicken concoction). Dessert was also great, yummy Warm Chocolate Melting Cake always satisfied! For breakfast, skip the buffet and go to the Washington Dining room (if you can find it, we got lost more than once) and try the Eggs Benedict -- YUM! One more recommendation: try the pizza at the pizza bar near the adult pool, PHENOMINAL. Probably some of the best pizza I've ever had. The only disappointment was that there was no "midnight buffets," at least that we were notified of. They did have a "Chocolate Buffet" at noon one day, but who wants to get hopped up on chocolate in the middle of the day after lying out in the sun for hours?!

As for the ship itself, it was large but a bit confusing. However, we eventually found our way around. The decor could be a little more up to date, but we had no real complaints about it. The pools and hot tubs were always FULL of children, with the exception of the adult pool, which was always filled with flirting adults. Good thing we aren't public pool people. While we were on the ship, we normally were out on the deck basking in the sun (we lucked out and had amazing weather the whole time) or going to a show. On deck, there were always drinks being offered to you (NOTE: They're expensive but good!), but make sure to wake up EARLY to deck a deck chair. Chairs get taken very quickly in the morning! As for the shows, they were always very entertaining -- check out the comedy shows if you don't get offended very easily! My friend and I spent some of our evenings checking out the on-board shops, which were quaint yet nice. The guys liked to spend their late evenings in the casino, but neither won much money.

Our room was our biggest complaint. Not because of it's size but because of it's location. We were on the Riviera deck right across from 6 elevators and right above one of the tendering stations. SO NOT FUN. We always heard the noise from the elevators and on the mornings when we docked at our ports of call, there was SOO much noise beneath us from the crew and the passengers docking. We actually ended up complaining to Client Services once we were off the ship, but all they could say was that we "should have complained while we were on the ship." We would have, however we did not want to spend our limited cruising time complaining.

Other than all the noise, the room itself was pretty nice and fairly spacious. We had an oceanview porthole, where dolphins and flying fish were often seen. The room was also always clean and well maintained. WARNING: If you are tall, the shower is going to be very uncomfortable for you- my boyfriend is 6'4" and the shower head only came up to his neck! Our friends had an interior room, which was small and felt a bit claustrophobic. Next time, we want to get a room with a balcony.

Publication Date: 10/04/10