Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by CHECKER148

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by CHECKER148
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: CHECKER148
Cruise Date: September 2010
Cabin Category: 09
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Not at all What we expected
Getting from the airport to the port was a breeze. We had done the online check in, but still had to wait in lines for a while. Not too bad. The cabin was what we expected. I had purchased a soda package for me, a beer package for my husband, and a bottle of Jack Daniels with set ups for the cabin. My seapass card showed the soda package, but my husband's was blank. Nothing about his beer package. We went to guest services and when I asked about it, the girl told me,"We don't offer that package any more. But you can upgrade to the new package" Now, I bought all this back in Feb. You would think that some one would have emailed me with this news. And they waited til cruise time to credit back my Visa card. I went ahead and got the New package at a cost of $354.40. I will tell you, this is a huge waste of money. Number 1 There is no way he could ever drink 354.40 worth of beer on a 7 day cruise. Number 2 Getting a drink of ANY kind was almost a joke. We had to go to bar ourselves and stand in line to get any service. Now, there were waiters walking around all over the place carrying empty trays back and forth looking straight ahead. but try to get one's attention. Forget it! I guess they figured you already paid the gratuity with the package, so why bother going out of your way. Even in the buffet we couldn't get any service. by the time we got our plates, found a table, then went and got our drinks, the food was almost cold!

We did enjoy the ports of call and were off the ship for most of the day while in port. But in the evening, they closed up all the outdoor pool areas around 7:00pm. They didn't have any theme nights outside at all No late night buffets around the pool, no nothing. They wanted you to spend your money in the casino. We went to the first night show and had to walk out after about 20 min. It was ridiculous! the best part of the show was the captain's speech. I had made the mistake of leaving my hairbrush at home. Do you know that with all that space, and all those stores, There was not ONE hairbrush on that entire ship!!! Not anywhere, including the HAIR SALON! But if you wanted some overpriced cosmetics or jewelry they had it coming out the wazoo!

The cabin attendant and his assistant were top notch. They made sure we had plenty of ice at all times. And anything we needed, they were always pleasant and prompt. The last day as we were preparing to disembark, I was going over our bill and found that they added a 161.00 gratuity to the bill. We went down and told them we never asked for the tips to be automatically charged. had to argue, but got them removed from the bill. we never went to the dining room, we ate at the buffet or the grill by the pool. We did tip our room attendants quite well. They deserved it. But as for any one else, I think I should get a refund.

This cruise was not at all what we thought it was going to be. the pool outside is so small, and the pool looked just plain dirty. It's just too small a pool for so many people. I think they needed to forget about the grass area and have another adult pool instead. the whole time we were on the ship, I never saw anyone playing any grass games It's a waste of space that could have been put to better use. All in all, I give this ship a D minus This ship was so boring, that while we were on board, another passenger actually jumped off the fifth deck and tried to commit suicide. My husband told me if he had to stay on the ship for one more day, he would have jumped too!

Publication Date: 10/04/10