Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by fencerguy1: Norwegian EPIC - an EPIC achievement

fencerguy1
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 1.5

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Norwegian EPIC - an EPIC achievement

Sail Date: July 2010

To start, The room I stayed in was the Family Deluxe Balcony. The bathroom was exceptional except for the high shower and splashy sink. The storage space was very well fitted into the room. Our stateroom steward, Michael, was very productive, knew all of our names, always said hello, and did a great job on the room every time! Except for the bathroom and smallness of room, I give the Family Deluxe Balcony and Stateroom Steward an A.

Next, The staff. All of the top employees, (F&B, Maitre'D(s), etc.) were great! The cruise staff and CD were awesome too! The waiters and information desk, on the other hand, weren't as friendly. This is the 1st time this has happened after 5 previous cruises with NCL, so that was a big downside... The staff onboard gets a B-

The Aqua Park: Well, this is pretty hard to rate... The water slides on board were ALL unbelievable! The biggest concern here, is the size of that pool. The 2 pools, only being 4ft deep and very small, were the More heart breaker for this ship. The adults do have their own pool at Spice H2O, but if you want to spend time with your children, your stuck at the small pools or water slides because children aren't allowed in Spice. Because of the small pools, I am giving the Aqua Park an A-. Had the pools been bigger, it would have been an A+.

Bowling: Very well placed, but maybe have them open all day. I only bowled once on this cruise because every time I wanted to go, it seemed they were always closed. Organization was very good. Both bowling alleys on board receive an A.

Lounges: All lounges were very nicely pulled together. Lounges receive an A++

Entertainment: The entertainment on board was extraordinary! Blue Man Group was awesome, Second City was hilarious, Legends in Concert were great, and Howl at the Moon was UNBELIEVABLE!! The only bad entertainment was the Cirque Dreams and Dinner, which I will get into later. Entertainment on the EPIC gets an A.

Dining: The food was great as always! I finally attended dinner at Le Bistro for the first time, and it was fabulous!!! I don't know what i was waiting for! The Brazilian was great, exactly what I was expecting. Until the last night at Cirque Dreams and Dinner, everything was perfect. The entertainment was good, but did not exceed any expectations. The food on the other hand was HORRIBLE! The salad was good, but the rest of the meal was not even close to NCL quality. Dining gets a solid A.

Breakfast: Breakfast was good at 3 venues including: Manhattan Room, O'Sheehan's, and Garden Cafe. Breakfast receives an A++!

Kid's Club: Both looked exceptional. Kid's Club and Entourage gets an A.

Spa + Fitness Center: Never saw it but based on my friend's experience, I give the spa an A. Mostly because I have no say in this.

Gibson Check-in Rock-out!: For $10 a day, you can rent a bass or regular guitar. A great program for those future rockers!

Thank you for reading this. For any questions, mail me through Facebook. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic

small shower, splashy sink, room over all was smaller than expected.