Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by 4canucks: 5 Days of R & R....Ahhhhhhhh

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

5 Days of R & R....Ahhhhhhhh

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

We are a couple in our mid 40's and this is our 10+ cruise. Wanted a quick get away from the kids once they were settled in school. This fit the requirements and will do this again. We have sailed with Holland, Princess, Carnival, Norweg & RC once prior.

I am not that picky...(ok like the 4+star ships) Look for a great itinerary & deal, that suits my sched and once I am on board I leave my worries behind and enjoy my holiday.

Flew into LaGuardia the day of sailing..Normally would do that a day or 2 prior but since snow was not an issue I risked it and all worked out fine. Called Dial 7 from the airport as many of the cruise critic folks suggested and perfect, as promised they picked us up and did a side trip on route to the pier..Was on the ship with in 20 mins of arriving..Lunch at 12:30 and the afternoon to check out the ship, unpack etc. Muster drill was quick and painless. no life jackets were required.

The ship is great..showing some minor More signs of wear & tear in the state room but big whoop.. Room was clean and the rest of the ship was sparkling.Food was great and if you went hungry and complaining after 5 days..it is no one's fault but your own..Huge selection and a variety of foods in the dining rooms and the buffet.

Bermuda was absolutely breath taking and 82& sunny. Will cruise back there again. The flexibility of getting on and off the ship and touring around at night was a nice touch..Could have used one more day in Bermuda..(next time.) Buy the bus pass..20.00pp for 2 days well worth the cost..includes the use of the ferry. Use is unlimited for that 24hr period..Bermuda is safe,clean and worth checking out and getting off the beaten path. Take your camera's to St. George. No need to book an excursion. Bermuda is doable on your own. Obtained a ton of info from these boards and checked out the high lights..Horseshoe Beach a must.

Staff on board, very pleasant and always a good morning, afternoon etc. Met some extremely friendly fellow passengers on this voyage and spent the 5 evenings with our new friends. Many laughs had by all.

Night shows. Not really into the dance numbers but hung out in the promenade after dinner, sat at one of the tables at the English Bar and watched the street parade, fellow passengers stroll by and enjoyed the flurry of activity on the ship. Made my donation at the casino..Just to smoky to spend much time there.

Disembarkation was a breeze.No real panic to get off this ship as we had the day to relax before a late evening flight. Took a cab to 34th stn (light rail I guess it is called. (8.00) Transferred Path t0 33rd..Which is the last stop a short walk to Penn Stn..This is completely doable and safe. Wayyyyyy cheaper than the driver from La Guardia..But having said that I did not feel we had time on our cruise departure day. Was given bang on directions from the cruise critic boards and it worked out wonderfully. Had lunch in a bristro in Manhatt. Fun way to end the trip before heading to the air port.

Would I cruise RCCL again..for sure. Not likely EOS as there are to many other ships to check out before doing a repeat.

Bon voyage to fellow travellers. Enjoy. Less