Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by gertiesmom: Loved the Liberty!

gertiesmom
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Loved the Liberty!

Sail Date: September 2010

My DH & I traveled to Fort Lauderdale 2 days pre-cruise. We had booked a pre-cruise package trough Carnival last year before they stopped providing the hotel packages. Our package included transportation from the airport to the hotel, the hotel to the Port of Miami, and post-cruise back to the airport. We stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street. It was a good location, although we spent most of our time at the hotel. The hotel has a great pool area, with lots of trees and a waterfall. There is also a hot tub and steam room, which we both nice and clean. Our room was very nice and we would definitely stay there again.

We we picked up at the hotel by Cabana Coaches on embarkation day. We arrived at the port of Miami around 1pm, and we were on the ship by 1:45pm. We went to our room and it was ready for us. Then we went to the Lido deck to Emile's for lunch. We went straight to the Fish & Chips upstairs, there was no line so I guess not everyone knew it was there More yet. It was a great lunch. After lunch it was almost time for the safety drill. That went by smooth and we were done by 3:30. By 4pm we were heading out to sea!

Room Review: Although our balcony room was above the casino, it was quiet. It was actually above the cashiers desk. We never had any problems with noise. The room was nice and our room steward knew our names by the end of day 1. We felt very little motion in our room since it was mid-ship.

Ship Review: The Liberty is in great shape. We had no trouble finding our way around, and all the employees were very friendly and helpful. Kyle Post is the cruise director and I think he is awesome. We saw him around the ship everyday, but he is not over-bearing. He made sure to say hi to everyone! The ship has the new comedy club on board. We went to 3 adult shows throughout the week. PhatKat was hilarious, but the others were pretty boring. The shows in the main theater were good. We went to all but 2 of them. The pool areas were nice, but I spent most my time in the adult pool area.

Casino Review: Ok, I don't gamble. I was bored and had a few minutes to waste and put $20 in a nickel machine. Won $95 on my first spin. Cashed out and thought I was done. Next day, put $20 in a penny machine, won $75 and cashed out. Again I thought I was done. Day 3, put $20 in the same penny machine and won $150 on the first spin! Cashed out again. Next day, guess what. Put my original $20 in that same penny machine and won another $55. Went to the penny machine next to it and won another $30. Suggestion, try the penny and nickel machines that you can play multiple lines on bets. I made out awesome!

Port Review: Half Moon Cay: Most beautiful beach I have ever seen, even better than Hawaii! The sand is like white powder and the water is crystal blue! The island is very pretty, and the lunch buffet was good. Very relaxing day. We had originally booked the parasailing excursion through Carnival, but when we got the the boat had broken down, so we did not get to go. We did get a full refund on the ship. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Upper 6344

Great closet space, quiet cabin. Convenient location to elevators, but not too close to elevators. Felt very little movement.

Grand Turk was awesome. We actually rented a private cabana for the day for $129. We had number 9, which is the next to last one, but there is a little path to the beach right next to cabana number 10. The cabana was nice. Had a nice sofa and chair and table. You can press a button and a cabana boy will come take your order for MargaritaVille, then deliver it to you a few minutes later. Way better than waiting in line! Also we could watch the FlowRider from our porch on the cabana. There was a kitten on our porch, which was more than welcome to stay since I missed my kitty! The beach at Grand Turk was less than perfect. It is really rocky. I slipped a couple times. Once you get about waist deep in the water you are past the rocks and the water is really nice. The pool area is super nice. There are plenty of chairs and shade. There is lots of good shopping in Grand Turk too.

Loved San Juan! We booked a tour with Albert Aguirre to the rain forest. He met us at the port and we took a van to the rain forest. The rain forest was beautiful! We saw waterfalls and hiked a little. Then we went for lunch at a cafe on the side of the road, can't remember the name. DH said the food was great, I wasn't hungry so I only had something to drink. Then he took us on a tour of the capital building and the fort in Old Town San Juan. We then shopped a little in Old Town, but had little time. We walked back to the ship. Old Town was great, wished we would have had more time there.

Read 1367 San Juan Reviews

This was a nice port. Dreary and rainy most the day, but it was still a good day. We did not do any excursions. We shopped in the Havensight shopping area and wandered around. We did do the Skyride to Paradise Point. That was great. We chilled out at the bar at the top and tried a famous BushWacker. Thats the popular drink they make up there. It was good, pretty strong though. After we sat up there and enjoyed the view for a while, it was time to head back to the ship. It was a nice day, but not spectacular.

Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews