Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by gertiesmom

Cruise Date: September 2010
Cabin Category: 8B
Value-for-Money 5+

Loved the Liberty!
My DH & I traveled to Fort Lauderdale 2 days pre-cruise. We had booked a pre-cruise package trough Carnival last year before they stopped providing the hotel packages. Our package included transportation from the airport to the hotel, the hotel to the Port of Miami, and post-cruise back to the airport. We stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street. It was a good location, although we spent most of our time at the hotel. The hotel has a great pool area, with lots of trees and a waterfall. There is also a hot tub and steam room, which we both nice and clean. Our room was very nice and we would definitely stay there again.

We we picked up at the hotel by Cabana Coaches on embarkation day. We arrived at the port of Miami around 1pm, and we were on the ship by 1:45pm. We went to our room and it was ready for us. Then we went to the Lido deck to Emile's for lunch. We went straight to the Fish & Chips upstairs, there was no line so I guess not everyone knew it was there yet. It was a great lunch. After lunch it was almost time for the safety drill. That went by smooth and we were done by 3:30. By 4pm we were heading out to sea!

Room Review: Although our balcony room was above the casino, it was quiet. It was actually above the cashiers desk. We never had any problems with noise. The room was nice and our room steward knew our names by the end of day 1. We felt very little motion in our room since it was mid-ship.

Ship Review: The Liberty is in great shape. We had no trouble finding our way around, and all the employees were very friendly and helpful. Kyle Post is the cruise director and I think he is awesome. We saw him around the ship everyday, but he is not over-bearing. He made sure to say hi to everyone! The ship has the new comedy club on board. We went to 3 adult shows throughout the week. PhatKat was hilarious, but the others were pretty boring. The shows in the main theater were good. We went to all but 2 of them. The pool areas were nice, but I spent most my time in the adult pool area.

Casino Review: Ok, I don't gamble. I was bored and had a few minutes to waste and put $20 in a nickel machine. Won $95 on my first spin. Cashed out and thought I was done. Next day, put $20 in a penny machine, won $75 and cashed out. Again I thought I was done. Day 3, put $20 in the same penny machine and won $150 on the first spin! Cashed out again. Next day, guess what. Put my original $20 in that same penny machine and won another $55. Went to the penny machine next to it and won another $30. Suggestion, try the penny and nickel machines that you can play multiple lines on bets. I made out awesome!

Port Review: Half Moon Cay: Most beautiful beach I have ever seen, even better than Hawaii! The sand is like white powder and the water is crystal blue! The island is very pretty, and the lunch buffet was good. Very relaxing day. We had originally booked the parasailing excursion through Carnival, but when we got the the boat had broken down, so we did not get to go. We did get a full refund on the ship.

Publication Date: 09/26/10