Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by lin14534

Cabin Category: E1
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

LOVED THE FREEDOM OF THE SEAS - YA GOTTA GO!!!!!
Booked a cruise for the Western Caribbean on the Freedom of the Seas, 7 nights, leaving out of Port Canaveral on September 5th, 2010. This cruise was going to be a family cruise with my husband's brother and sisters and their spouses. We are all in our 50's and 60's from upstate New York. Two couples flew to Orlando and two couples drove down. Arrived at the Port on the 5th at 12:30 pm and embarkation was pretty uneventful, went pretty smoothly. Got on the ship and looked around for a while - what a beautiful ship! Our room was a nice size and very nice - balcony was nice to have. This was my fourth cruise and first time I had a balcony room. Well worth the extra money! We met in the Windjammer Cafe to reconnect and have lunch. A wide array of choices for lunch - the food was pretty good!

The next day (Monday) was an at sea day. Took it easy, browsed the ship, went to the Promenade - very nice and relaxing. Didn't need my wristbands or meds for sea sickness as you felt absolutely no motion on this ship. Honestly, it was like walking around a big city - no movement whatsoever and I was extremely happy about that!

I have to give a big shout out to our waiter and assistant waiter at the 6:00 pm seating, table 106. A big THANK YOU to ANTONIO and MAURICE for our wonderful dining experience every night of this cruise. These two gentlemen, Antonio from the Phillipines and Maurice who is from Jamaica, were the BEST!! They were pleasant, funny, engaging, worked very hard at our table of 8 and gave us the best time and experience on our cruise. We didn't want this cruise to end especially because of these two hard working, wonderful guys. If you read this Antonio and Maurice, thank you for such a great experience!!!!

One last thing, I have to say is that the Cruise Director, Graham Seymour, was the best of any ship I've been on. This man was funny, entertaining, a lot of fun and kept things rolling constantly. I don't think there's another that could top him!!

Publication Date: 09/25/10