Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by BeautyDoll: A honest review...

BeautyDoll
Member Since 2010
1 Post

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

A honest review...

Sail Date: August 2010

Getting on the ship was seamless. The easiest boarding process of any cruise I've ever taken and this is the largest ship out there. It was very easy and the people were very nice.

The boat was breath taking. We went to the Solarium and the food was delicious. I love eating healthy so this place was the spot. They served fruit flavored water that was refreshing and there were at least two flavors.

Our rooms were clean and nice. I don't recommend the balcony boardwalk because it is noisy. They practice for shows out there and its really hard to rest at times. If ever on this boat again I would try to face the ocean or a central park balcony.

Also kids, kids everywhere and no parental oversight! I've never noticed kids on any ship more than this one. I almost thought the kids programs were closed because they were everywhere and in the way. In Boleros at night (Latin dance club) all over the elevators and pow wows on the stairs... Loud rowdy behavior in the More elevators... Not sure why the curfews were not enforced but they weren't. Teens and tweens were up in the food areas and main areas of the boat all hours of the night and it was just annoying. The dance clubs need to be 30+. They were 18+ and many times we found ourselves in these clubs with more kids than adults. They acted like kids too which really impacted my enjoyment level. I'm 42 and don't want to party with 18 year olds. The DJ played this techno music that I hated. When I asked him to change it he said he had to play something for everyone and I said well you've maxed out on this so let's move on! Not so. I won't ever take a cruise when school is out. We left on 8/21.

The food... the dining room food was excellent. I didn't have time to do any specialty spots since I was with family most of the time but the Solarium was good, the Park Cafe had the best tuna I've ever eaten hands down and the buffet - windjammer - was marginal at best.

The fitness center on the boat was superior to any gym I've ever been to and that is a powerful statement. It's really nice with the best and enough equipment to have a good workout.

The shows were awesome. Hairspray and the 70s parade were awesome. The comedy show (according to my aunt because I missed it) was awesome too. The Solarium area was serene and for adults wanting peace and quiet. The drinks were good (albeit expensive) but worth it.

The ports of call were so-so. We were cussed out in Haiti for not buying stuff. Sheesh! Mexico is Mexico... Don't expect magic at the ports.

The computerized system on the boat is awesome. You can use them to find your way around the boat. Made it so easy. You can see and use the Internet in your room. Much better than using an Internet cafe. Stores on the boat were nice. Coach store didn't have many options but it was nice to look.

Cruise Critic meeting was as you would have expected. For my ship they were mostly older people...

There is a lot to do on the boat. We couldn't do it all but we did what we could. There are smoking/non-smoking areas around the boat so you don't feel smoked out like on some of the other boats. What a beautiful and modern ship. It DID NOT feel like there were so many people on the boat AT ALL. I've feel more crowded on smaller boats. They do need to make the clubs and other venues larger to accommodate the people that might come to an event but again, it didn't feel crowded (in a bad way) ever. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Boardwalk view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 8 10305

Too noisey being on the boardwalk, closets oddly placed. Good view of aqua theatre.

Not much here but stores, an outside pool bar, and more stores. You can stay on the boat if you like but if you miss it you won't feel bad. I hear the excursions are nice.

Cozumel is cozumel... beach was ok, noisey and the water was dirty. Not impressed. If you find a nice clean beach go for it. This was my second time there and it's the same. Nothing to write home about.
Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews