Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by luvcdays: Finally made it to Alaska

Finally made it to Alaska

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

My husband and I finally decided to cruise to Alaska before it melted and because everyone kept telling us "you have to see it!" Well, I admit it, they were right.

Our Alaskan cruise exceeded our expectations! I loved the Infinity, although it is in dire need of that renovation. I would love to see it when it's done. The food was good and the service was first class. I needed 2 egg crates on top of the bed to make it comfortable enough for me to sleep (bad back from auto accident). Our room steward was excellent and was well rewarded for his hard work.

When we left Seattle,it was 85 degrees and sunny. The rest of the week was sunny off and on with only one day of rain which was in Ketchikan. We were told we really lucked out.

In Ketchikan we walked all around the town and checked out the fish ladder. There were so many salmon and they were huge. We also took the funicular up to Cape Fox Lodge and hiked back down twice going 2 separate ways. More

Tracy Arm Fjord was amazing! The captain opened up the helipad for better viewing outside and he turned the ship around slowly for about 45 minutes so everyone could see the Sawyer Glacier from their spot on the ship.

In Juneau, Celebrity cancelled our float plane tour. We were told it was because of the weather, but there were lots of other planes and helicopters flying around and the weather was nice. We tried to book with another company on the dock, but they were sold out. We ended up taking a bus to Mendenhall Glacier and we really enjoyed that.

In Skagway, we rented a car and drove up to the Yukon. We purchased and used "Murray's Guide" which was excellent. "Thanks Yukon"! We thought the scenery was out of this world. There were so many lakes, waterfalls, wild flowers, and trees turning color, that we got lots of pictures. No animal sightings, but Emerald Lake was gorgeous. When we returned to town, we took a helicopter tour with Temsco which was great. We then shopped and checked out the town which was very cute, returned the rental car and went back on the ship to eat dinner.

At the end of the cruise, we took a ship sponsored tour of Seattle that took us all around the city, up the Space Needle, and to Pikes Market Place with time for shopping and eating and then dropped us off at the airport. We thought this was an excellent tour and a great way to spend time instead of sitting at the airport waiting for our flight.

We also loved "On Tap", the acappella group and Brent Nixon, the Naturalist on board the ship.

If you love beautiful scenery and cruising, I would highly recommend going to Alaska.

PS - This was cruise number 17 for me and 15 for DH. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Inside Stateroom Penthouse Deck (6) 2009

Infinity stateroom #2009. We mostly book inside rooms, but this one was very small. It's dangerous to open one of the closets when someone is coming out of the bathroom! We had the room steward remove the glass coffee table for more room and it looked like others did also.

(5.5)