Cruise Review by D. Thomas: Shabby and basic!

D. Thomas

Overall Member Rating

Shabby and basic!

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Other

The Dangerous rope ladder' we climbed up to board this ship should have been a warning of what was to come.

My cabin was shabby box-like and basic and after cruising on the Princess line it was a shock! The noise from my cabin was horrendous especially when the chain passed under me when the we were about to anchor and when the engines started up. I paid more as a single traveller, I discovered, than most of the couples and had one of the worse cabins. More fool me for not complaining!

I couldn't, eat the food the first two nights but to be fair it improved slightly as the cruise continued.My dream of travelling around our beautiful coast line turned into a nightmare as the gale force winds threw the ship around like a yacht in a storm. We couldn't land at the Orkneys or the Scilly Isles because of the weather and those were the places I wanted to see. When we couldn't dock at Hornfleur we were pretty fed up by this time!!

The ship is old and past its'sale More by date' and although it has had a makeover this is only apparent in some public areas eg reception! Never again! this has put me off cruising for some time!! Less

Published 09/17/10

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X