Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by peach 79: WOW!

Norwegian Epic 5
peach 79
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Sail Date: September 2010

My hubby and I went on our honeymoon/anniversary cruise for the first time. We chose the Epic because of what it had to offer. We booked the cruise in May 2010 and sailed on the Sept 4 sailing to the western Caribbean.

Wow what can I say. I don't really understand why people are complaining so much. I just don't get it. I mean, some of the reviews that I have seen I wonder if they are just trying to bash NCL. Whether it's a new ship, house, or whatever, it is going to have it's glitches and room for improvement but overall the ship is fantastic!!!!!

Our cabin: GREAT!!

We were in a cat BE standard covered balcony however the balcony was large and lovely (10201). The room was perfect for 2 and the storage space was amazing. Sink, non issue. We had to go through the room a few times to ensure that we did not leave anything behind.

Restaurants: FANTASTIC!!

We ate at the MDR once, Taste once, and went to the Buffet for breakfast every More morning. For the speciality restaurants, we ate at Teppanyaki, Moderno, Le Bistro, Wasabi and the noodle bar! The experience at Moderno was so amazing! All worth the additional prices! We had no issues with crowds or trying to make reservations however I have to admit we ate around 5:30 every night...

Highly recommend purchasing a spa pass or couples pass. Went to the spa twice a day to relax. Took advantage of everything, i.e. steam rooms, saunas, pools, loungers, aft balcony.

I think the ship is laid out really well. The ship had 4500 passengers and it NEVER felt crowded. If you are not able to make dinner reservations online DO NOT WORRY - we cancelled and rebooked our reservations many times.

Try not to let the negative reviews overwhelm you... try it for yourself. We had a great time!!! Less

Published 09/17/10

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: B610201

Great Balcony, quite location, great view!

Skip X