Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Seira7: WOW... it was that BAD
Member Since 2010
Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises
WOW... it was that BAD
Just came back from our cruise yesterday, and even though we had a good time overall, we would like to highlight some points for anybody considering taking this line:
- The food was not outstanding. Buffet food was not appealing at all, specially breakfast. We decided to stick to the dinning room option for all meals, which was a bit better. We had cruised with Princess before, so our expectations were a bit high.
- The most annoying thing: there were SO MANY loud announcements during the day, it was ridiculous. I think we counted about 9 one day...
- Room was clean but run down. Unfortunately was not always the case for my aunt and grandmother, who returned one time in the middle of the day to their balcony cabin only to find a plate with food, still warm... stinking the place up! They called the steward whose only response was that he had a call from his boss and he had to leave the room in the middle of cleaning and he was sorry... So never got the More explanation as to why was there food half eaten inside of their cabin... was it him eating inside? Or other people's? Very unpleasant.
- The photo taking was very pushing. Every night at dinner (which was the most annoying, they actually make you take a photo in couple, then alone... in the middle of dinner!) and also at every port of call, they harras you until the point of uncomfortable. They also set up about 6 or 7 "photo studios" all over the ship, so every time you were passing by, they were pushing you to take some more photos...
- We loved our waiters at dinner, although every night we were not even finished with the main course when they rushed us into the dessert. I understand they must have been tired being the late dinner sitting and all, but we are on vacation! Rushing is the last thing we wanted to do.
- Every "seminar" we attended resulted in a sales pitch... so we decided to stay out of all of them after the second day. Spa people very pushing to sell "home care systems" after a treatment, I just wanted a massage! Not fighting to get out of there after the treatment... gosh!
- So all in all, we felt solicited every 5 minutes, which did not happen AT ALL in the Princess cruise we took before, a much classier way to cruise definitely, so if you can, avoid Carnival at all costs! Less
Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>
Cabin review: Carnival Valor Interior Upper
Cabin was a fair size. Enough room for 2 people for sure. Closet space was great. Very outdated and run down. We could hear a lot what was going on outside, specially annoying: announcements from the cruise director early in the morning, which we could hear very clearly and loudly inside of the cabin...
Beautiful 50th wedding annive...
MSC Divina Cruise
This company and ship need som...
A 'no-frills' cruise
Absolutely Wonderful Cruise On...
Carnival Valor has the perfect...