Carnival Glory Cruise Review by lackistar: Total relaxation on the Glory.

lackistar
Member Since 2000

Family & Children 2.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Total relaxation on the Glory.

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was my 5th cruise (2xCarnival, 1RCCL & 1Disney)and joined by my parents in their 60's as well as my 2 young kids (6&4).

My parents had a Category 9A Wrap around balcony room on Upper deck 6483, and we had an inside cabin across the hall 6479. I was concerned about the noise below from the lounge, and 2 out of 5 nights I could hear a loud noise when they had a comedy show and Karaoke. But when it ended, it was all quiet. If you are sensitive to noise, it gets quite noisy and could hear all the word and laughing and crapping. Room itself was in great condition with upper bunk and 2 twins made comfortable place to sleep in. The aft balcony room was great. It is specious, furnished properly, and the balcony! It is so huge, and could see the side and aft. When we left N.Y., it was a great weather with nice view of Manhattan and Statue of Liberty. We enjoyed sea days to take in all the view nothing but the ocean. And when we get to the port of Halifax, it was all More white--with the dense fog. I never saw this much fog before. Zero visibility was amazing.

I enjoyed this cruise and it is all thanks to Camp Carnival. My kids had separate area for 2-5's and 6-8's. They both had a ball. They planned a different activities throughout the day, and also take them for lunch or dinner. I was surprised to see they had enjoyed more than the one on Disney cruise lines. My younger one who was 3 at the time was crying in the kid's club on Disney, however, on the Glory's Camp she begged me to take her all the time. On Halifax port, I was comfortable leaving my 6 year old son to the camp but took my 4 year old daughter to a tour to Peggy's Cove. All she was telling me was when we get back to the ship so she can go to the Camp! So I left both of them in the camp while we were at the port of Saint John to go Bay of Fundy tour. They had fun for the day while we had enjoyable 5 hour tours with long ride to Saint Martin's/Caves.

I had my cup of coffee at Creams Cafe, checked all the photos and did some shopping which was never possible on my vacation before. All the crew members on the ship greeted me with a smile, and were very courteous. This vacation was so different from any vacation I have taken before. I enjoyed and relaxed so much knowing my kids are well taken care of. Big Thanks to the Counselors on Glory's Camp. My kids admired all of you!! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>