Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by skepticalgirl: Say NO to the Miracle

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Say NO to the Miracle

Sail Date: September 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I don't like to complain and usually, I'm the one trying to prevent my party from making a "big deal" when things go wrong, but I feel compelled to write this review and to share my experiences about the Ship Carnival Miracle.

The Positive things about this ship are 1) the friendly courteous staff. I can't say enough good things about the people working on this cruise line.

2) Easy embarkation. Within a half an hour, I was through the ticketing agents and taking my picture, walking the gangway and in my cabin within 20 minutes of that to drop my bags and off to explore the ship. Since I entered the ship through my home city, this was all very easy.

3) soft spa like music in corridors and elevators, VERY soothing.

4) ports of call - - half moon cay worth the ENTIRE ship. Grand Turks, BEAUTIFUL, Nassau, Amazing.

Unfortunately, I would like to say that there are more positive things, but this is where it all goes wrong.

1) More Entering ship, my mother and I were SLAMMED with the smell of cigarette smoke, as the Casino (a place where smoking is permitted) is off to the right of the gangway. This wasn't necessarily a problem for me, but my mother has asthma and the cigarette smoke caused her to have breathing attacks SEVERAL times. trying to get into the a festive mood was a chore when you would like to order a drink and the smell of smoke is assaulting you from every angle in the main lobby. 2) Food -- Unfortunately, the food was sub-par. I can't say enough what a disappointment it was. the first night that we attended the Bacchus Dinning Room, we were dismayed to discover that there was a limited selection for vegetarians which disappeared after that night. My mother and I aren't strict vegetarians, but when possible, we like to eat that way. It would have been nice if there had been options.

3) hand sanitizing stations ran out of hand sanitizer by the second day and were not replaced for the rest of the trip.

4) guests were not watched carefully and coughed and sneezed over utensils that were returned to buffet serving trays while staff behind the counter said nothing.

Showed up earlier in the morning to avoid people and eat first before the food situation became "rough" and saw pizza laying down on the table, which had not been cleared the night before and that the cafeteria wasn't ready for dining.

5) attended spa classes with high pressure sales tactics to purchase detox products. in class, we are told that chickens are "toxic" and coffee has been prepared with over 800 chemicals. all of this is used to promote the need to buy detox products. meanwhile they are serving and offering coffee and chicken for dinner????!!!!! with limited options at for vegetarianism, this became a problem.

6) scheduled events did not happen on time.

Example 1: I show up on time for a 2PM spa class on weight loss and no one is there to teach it. I go to front desk of spa to find out what happened. Apparently, there was a typo on the schedule provided to the ENTIRE ship and it was taught an hour earlier. fine.

Example 2: DJ Raynman playing hits by the pool at 4PM. Music is playing, at 4PM, but no DJ and music is like a low Radio in the background. After 4:30, a half hour after music was supposed to begin, DJ shows up to chat on the side of the stage with other Crew and proceeds to turn up the volume on the music and walk over to change songs every few minutes. DJ Raynman was a CD CHANGER!!!

7) Children running amok on cruise ship at all times of the night, running through hallways and disturbing the more quiet corridors where those who tried to escape all of the "fun" were hiding.

8) Decor of the ship, LOUD, OBNOXIOUS and GLARING. Every room tries to scream, "I'm having FUN" and falls short.

9) Night time activities fall as dull and underdeveloped. With little stimuli, I actually went to my bed out of share boredom and spent the rest of my "fun" days at sea playing sudoku to keep myself from being bored.

after all of that, I will NEVER travel with carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Interior Main 4148

Beautiful water, hot, sunny, found shade under a coconut tree on a lounger and never wanted to leave. beach was rocky, but clean and the water clear to the bottom. i could see my toes!

took the see and sea tour where my mother and I went into a semi sub and saw the coral reefs. I was disappointed at not seeing sharks, but you can't always get what you want.

Read 2645 Nassau Reviews

Went through very easily.