Carnival Victory Cruise Review by cmfshannan

Member Name: cmfshannan
Cruise Date: August 2010
Embarkation: San Juan
Cabin Category: 6B
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+

We Survived Hurricane Earl..
This was our second cruise. First time with Carnival. I booked this cruise because of the itinerary. Due to Hurricane Earl the itinerary was changed and St. Martaan was omitted from the trip.

We flew to San Juan from New York the morning of the cruise. We arranged for transportation from the cruise line. We arrived early so it gave us time to get something to eat before we went to the boat. We left the airport at 11:30am and went right to the ship. We were able to check in and get on the boat at that time. We had a carry on with our bathing suits because the room wasn't ready until 2:30pm. We spent the afternoon at the adult pool and headed back the room around 5:30pm and our luggage was waiting for us.

Day 1 was spent at sea to avoid the hurricane. I would rather be safe than sorry so this didn't bother us very much. It was a nasty day the the sea was rough... We had anytime dining and happen to get a wonderful waitress named Viktoria. I have a food allergy to gluten and she took very good care of me. We requested to sit in her section every evening and the staff was wonderful. We found the food on the ship to be very good. I had sushi every evening before dinner and we got ice cream almost daily.

Day 2 we were at St. Lucia. We booked all of our tours on our own and not through Carnival. This day we spent with COSOL TOURS. They did a great job touring the island and telling you everything you ever wanted to know about St. Lucia. They took us to a nice beach were we swam for an hour. The food and drinks were provided all day and were very good. Even tired some of the local moonshine. I would recommend COSOL Tours for anyone taking this trip.

Day 3 we were in Barbados. This was one of my favorite days. We booked a 12 person catamaran with Calabaza Sailing Cruises. It was awesome. We swam with the sea turtles and went snorkeling. Gina fed you all day and the boat was wonderful. It was a beautiful day we will remember for a long time. A must do in Barbados.

Day 4 we were in Dominica. The reviews on this island weren't the greatest but we really enjoyed Dominica. We took a tour with bumpingtours. We swam into fresh water ravine and climbed up the water fall and jumped off. After that we went to the hot springs and went down into another waterfall. It was beautiful and a lot of fun. Wear water shoes if you take this tour!!

Day 5 we were in St. Kitts. We didn't have anything booked for this say so we found a taxi driver that gave us a tour of the island. There were 10 other people from the ship in the taxi. It was a nice tour of the island and then we went to Cockelshell beach for a few hours. It was a nice beach. We rented chairs for $5.00 each and had lunch at the beach. I believe it is the nicest beach on the island.

Day 6 we were in St. Thomas. We decided we were going to go over to St. Johns to Truck Bay. One of the top beaches in the world. You have to take a cab to the ferry and then a cab to the beach. It is well worth it. It cost $48 a person round trip to get to the beach but it was beautiful. We loved it and didn't to leave. We went back to St. Thomas and did some shopping before getting back on the ship.

We had a great time on this trip. Will definitely go back to Barbados and St. Thomas/John's. My only complaint on the trip was the morning we were to leave at about 4am the deck below us was very load and woke us up. The noise never stopped and therefore we didn't sleep from 4am on. Getting off the ship was organized and didn't take any longer than other cruises. I didn't find the ship to be dirty, I didn't find the other guests to be rude, The food was really good, and overall it was a great trip!!!

Publication Date: 09/14/10