Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by MaleNurse78: To Infinity and Beyond!

MaleNurse78
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Alaska Cruises

To Infinity and Beyond!

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

I wasn't sure quite what to expect my biggest worry was that I had paid all of this money and that by day 2 I would hate it or even worse be sea sick the entire time! But boy was I surprised!!! The scenery was beyond words, the staff was top notch everyone was so pleasant, as a matter of fact most of the crew knew my name by the end of the cruise, staff would see us in the hallways and ask where we were the night before that they had missed us in their dinning room. We had gotten to the point where we didn't even have to order our drinks, the staff would see us empty handed and suddenly they would bring us our favorite drink!!! Can you imagine that happening anywhere else? My every need was met before I even thought of it. Our concierge was always just a few steps away from our room and always asked if we needed anything. Our room was always clean with fresh towels, even if we had used our towels for the day when we returned there was always fresh ones waiting for us.

We are More not use to dinning in a 4 star restaurant so when we got there we were unsure of what to order from the menu but our matradee was a great help and never made us feel stupid, he answered all of our questions about which silverware to use for each dish! By the end of the cruise we had this down!

Laundry service was awesome, the always had items returned to us in a timely manner, I had accidentally spilled coffee on a brand new shirt, after only wearing it for about an hour, my concierge got it right to the laundry and they got it cleaned and there is no sign of the spill.

The activities on board were ok but we really didn't spend a lot of time doing those, as we had met a lot of new friends! The staff at all of the bars was wonderful, the Asst. bar Mang. was awesome and always ensured that we got excellent service.

The ports were awesome and the shore excursions were wonderful.

We took full use of the Aqua Spa, it is a little pricey but well worth the cost, we had our very first massage, facial, and paid to utilize the Parisian Garden, which we did on a daily basis it was spectacular! The staff at the Aqua Spa was great and explained everything.

The only downside to the entire trip was the buffet dinning only because of the other guests on board, it was like a cattle drive and everyone was very pushy as if the food would grow legs and run away from them or they thought it would all be gone by the time they got there, but there was always plenty of food! Also finial disembarkation was like a total cattle drive, but the staff really tried to limit this but was unsuccessful. I would and plan on utilizing this cruise line again in the very near future! Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Concierge Class Panorama Deck (8) 8087

Cabin 8087- This was a very quiet cabin, we didn't even know we had neighbors, the crew halls were all located further down the hall, we were in the middle of the hall so the elevators were close enough but far enough away that we never heard anything. The balcony was a little smaller than I would have liked but again the view was great, and our neighbors were never out when we were so it was great. We very seldom even felt the ship move so no complaints there. The showers were a bit small, but we never ran out of hot water. There were 3 closet doors with more than enough room for 2 people, the only problem was if the closet doors were open you could not open the bathroom door, and you could not walk down the small hallway in the room. But overall we did not spend much time in our room, but we could have and we would have been fine. Also you are pretty close to a library so if you choose to read a book you would not have far to go. Being on the 8th floor was great because everything was either 2 floors up or 2 floors down so if the elevators happened to be full you could walk the stairs and not break a sweat! I would recommend this room to anyone.

We spent almost our entire time in this port out doing excursions we did a 5 hour excursion which was a bus trip to the Mendenhall Glacier, where we spent about an hour walking around and taking different paths to take a ton of pictures, you do not want to miss seeing this glacier it was beautiful, an image you will not soon forget. Then we went via bus to a whale watching tour aboard a boat. The weather was great our tour guide on board the boat was great and she had lots of energy! I was a bit cold out once we got under way but it was well worth it we saw young bald eagles on the shore line, we saw seals, and we of course saw Whales!!!! It was really one of the most fantastic experiences you will ever have! But you really feel it when you get back we were really exhausted after spending hours off the ship so we really didn't do anything that evening, we even ordered room service. This is a great stop!

Read 837 Juneau Reviews

Well this wasn't the best port only because it was a rainy day, and it was cold so we did not spend a whole lot of time really getting to see the city, we also did a float plane excursion at this port, and flew to what was suppose to be a Bear watch tour, however we never saw any bears but the float plane pilot was very good, we didn't even notice when we had taken off or landed it was much smoother that any flight I have ever been on. Thanks Andy you were awesome!!! We spent the next couple of hours at port running around trying to find heavier coats with a hood on them, gloves, and hats, just in case the rest of the trip was this cold, but it wasn't we only had rain at this port. But it was very pretty even with the rain.

(5.5)
WoW!!!!! This is an awesome place! The sun was shinning the weather was warm, the people were extremely friendly! You can not beat the views that surround you, you do not want to miss this port! It is however not right next to the town, so you will either have to make the 10 minute walk to all of the shops or pay the 2 dollars to take the bus into town! But for those coffee drinkers out there, there is a Starbucks located at this port!!!! We went on 2 excursions at this port it was almost to much but we would not have wanted to miss either of these. The first was a helicopter ride up to the Meade Glacier, where we got off the helicopter and walked around on the Glacier, it was a wonderful ride and the views were out of this world, I would do this again and again!! But beware there is a weight limit for this tour be sure to check the weight limits out before booking this. Then upon our return we raced back on the ship so that we could grab a quick bite to eat before heading right back out the door to go on our second trip of the day which was a Jeep ride through the Yukon, you are paired up with another couple and you take turns driving the Jeep, both on road and off road! Be sure that you have not had any alcohol prior to this excursion, you must have a valid drivers license, know who your insurance company is, and you must have a passport because you will be driving from Alaska into Canada, and back! It is a very bumpy ride but is so much fun! When we got back from this trip we walked to the town and looked around for a short time, but most things had closed by this time and we were to be leaving this port about an hour after the last excursion had ended. We lucked out and had no rain at all!! Which I guess is very rare, we were told that we had gotten to this port on the nicest day that they have had all year! It was really the best port in my opinion!

Read 643 Skagway Reviews

I was not all that impressed with this port, but we did not book anything here because we were in port at about 7pm and were due to leave port at 12 midnight, and we had to have our luggage outside of our room no later than midnight because the cruise was ending the next morning at 7am, so we walked off the ship once it was in port, there really was nothing within walking distance but we walk down a residential street that was on the coast, it was pretty for what little we saw of it, but it just wasn't worth stopping to be in a port after dark. I am sure the people here were nice and the views during the day would probably be wonderful, but the time was not there and the time of day was bad, we spent most of our time in this port on board the ship getting packed, and enjoying visiting with our new made friends before having to disembark.

Read 553 Victoria Reviews