Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by kawailo1: Awesome, awesome, awesome

Awesome, awesome, awesome

Sail Date: August 2010
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

We left out of Seattle for a 7 day cruise up to Seattle.

The ship was gorgeous,beautiful entry way to a large center atrium. Very well organized going on board, amazing how many people can actually fit on this ship without being crowded.

It was cold upstairs so not much action at the outdoor pool, but the solarium sufficed. Since we are from Hawaii, we didn't care much about being around the pool. Beautiful ballrooms and lounges. Views from everywhere.

The stateroom we had was roomier than i had imagined with a lot of storage and a superb stateroom attendant. Somehow we could leave for 5 minutes or 5 hours and either way when we came back our room seemed to magically have been cleaned and straightened up. The bed, though small, was super comfortable and I am tall!

Dining on the ship was incredible. I haven't eaten that much good food in a very long time. Both the Windjammer (LOVE breakfasts!) and the Edilweiser dining room food and service was More incredible. Even the solarium cafe food was good!

Shore excursions were expensive but fun and the kids had a good time too. Would like to have seen more fun activities like the disco and sock hop nights!

The best part about the cruise? The EXCELLENT staff on all levels. Amazing, well mannered, helpful, cheery. I wonder how they maintain this when it seems they work 24 hours a day? I hope they pay them well!

Also, the cruise activities Staff. Hilariously funny all the time and just so energetic. My son's dream job!

Anyways, I can highly recommend this ship and its staff. The best. They will pull into Kauai this month and we invited some of the staff to contact us for a quick tour of the island. Hope they do it! Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Rhapsody of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 4 3006

Small but adequate. I didn't spend much time in it so it didn't matter to me how big or small the room was.

(5.5)
Loved it. Loved everything about Juneau.

Read 837 Juneau Reviews

Skagway was small but the people there were so friendly and nice. It was a little crowded with the Radiance coming in unexpectedly but we found a good lunch place and managed to shop and do laundry. Even managed to meet an iditerod competitor and see his dog camp, complete with puppies!!!

Read 643 Skagway Reviews

What a city. Just clean and beautiful.

Read 553 Victoria Reviews