Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by princessbunny10: First Time Cruiser - Suite on the Celebrity Solstice

princessbunny10
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Western Caribbean Cruises

First Time Cruiser - Suite on the Celebrity Solstice

Sail Date: August 2010

AMAZING! That's my husband and my experience on the Solstice! And i will "pooh-pooh" all the people who say it doesn't matter what room you stay in! Our suite was luxurious and the amenities were outstanding. If I could describe one reason to cruise, above all others, it was the ability to totally relax - not to worry about time constraints, airplane schedules, loud neighbors, or all those other things one puts up with on land vacations. I don't think we have slept better in years. Two minutes on the veranda and ZZZZZZZ.

Our room was immaculate and looked as though it had never been used. The linens were plush and the sheets divine. Located in the closet and drawers were two different sized umbrellas for rain, a pair of binoculars which we used daily, a lighted makeup mirror (10X magnification), two hairdryers (I guess his and hers) and fresh fruit was provided each day as well as tea and snacks in the afternoon. Ordering room service via TV at midnight and receiving a More wonderfully cooked hamburger was a real treat! We spent quite a bit of time getting to know the ship and eating at pretty much every chance we got.

The food at the Silk Harvest Specialty restaurant - OMG! Did I ever think I would try rice soaked in squid ink? NO - but it was probably the BEST thing I ate the entire week. The staff were superb - they gave great respect to the food and making sure that this was a wonderful experience for us.

As for the staff on the entire cruise - we could not have asked for more. Everyone was wonderful and extremely customer service oriented. My straight iron broke and i was in dire need. Our Port buying specialist advised me where on Cozumel I could buy a new one. Thanks goodness!

All our excursions went well - we loved our guide on the Cayman's. The Rum, visiting the city of Hell - it was all very special and none of it boring. The thrill of ocean travel and experiencing something new was part of the thrill. We fell in love with cruising and hope to continue this tradition. Visit the Everglades while in Lauderdale - Airboating is a fun experience. Just loved spending the week with my husband, stressless and in love with cruising.

Disembarking - from our suite to our Lauderdale hotel room - 40 minutes. Who could ask for more? Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Sky Suite Continental Deck (6) 2118

Big bath and tub, quiet, Large amount of storage, great views for western caribbean

Loved drinking "foo-foo" drinks at 10am at the pool bar in town. We bought a wonderful carving here and were able to get a reasonable price.

Definitely a "tourist" town. we were pressured continually by shop owners - a bit of a turn off. We did find a wonderful artist that paints pictures on feathers.

Read 3102 Cozumel Reviews

LOVED IT! Went on the Island tour - the bus was comfortable, not crowded, and our guide was a delight. We visited the turtle farm - great fun- and the town of Hell. I was amazed by the land deformations and loved all the knick knacks in the small shop. And I can't forget the coconut rum cake - OMG - delicious. we bought one for home but I wish we had bought ten. We also drank MANY samples of rum - definitely warmed our bellies! The glass bottom boat tour was fascinating - we loved the "captain"!

Great shopping - very clean and beautiful waters. The scenery here was gorgeous.

Read 1645 Roatan Reviews