Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by beachbum09: First Time Cruiser on Epic-Addicted to Cruising Now!

beachbum09
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First Time Cruiser on Epic-Addicted to Cruising Now!

Sail Date: August 2010

My husband and I booked our first cruise on Epic due to the modern look of the rooms and the amazing entertainment onboard. When we arrived onboard, we thought the boat was really neat and modern with the interior decor of the ship. I will be talking about the rooms, restaurants, entertainment, cleanliness and service on this review.

On rooms, We heard some people think the balcony room was a little smaller than other ship balconies but we thought it was just fine for us. We loved the wave stateroom and thought it was really pretty and modern. The one thing I look for is cleanliness in a room. The room looked presentable but we found a piece of clothing under our couch and we talked to another couple on board who said they found some flip-flops from a previous guest still under their bed. So, to me, it felt like the stewards were just wiping down things and not really thoroughly cleaning like they should. Also, in the toilet area there was already a grimy look to the floor More which is shocking considering it was a brand new ship.

The restaurants were very pretty and I loved, loved, loved the chandelier above the Taste restaurant. The food was really good at the Manhattan Room, Taste, Garden Cafe (the main buffet area) and O'Sheehans Irish Pub/Grill. I loved the Chicken Picatta at Taste and the Brownie Sundae at O'Sheehans as well as the spinach dip there. The food always tasted fresh and had a good flavor, never seemed bland like I have experience at all inclusive resorts we've stayed at before. The only con was sometimes the service. It was hit and miss. My husband and I don't drink and we felt that the staff seemed to cater towards those who drink since they got a additional tip on drinks... so we felt forgotten about at times.

Entertainment was amazing! The Blue Man Group was better than I expected! They were funny, talented and great to watch. They interacted with the crowd. One of the Blue Men always came to me and would stand up on my chair and dance. They all made me laugh throughout it. The second hand city were great as well and did good improv. The Howl at the Moon (dueling paino bar) was a fav too! They are so talented and it was amazing how they could sing any song that was suggested at the top of their hand as well as play the piano. They have it where the audience can send in requests. He would play everything from Brown Eyed Girl, to Justin Timberlake, to 2 Pac's California Love. Really impressive! The shows at night on Spice H20 with the couples competing with questions or tasks were hilarious!

Overall, we had a amazing trip on NCL Epic. There were a few bumps in the road but that didn't deter us from having a amazing time. We loved this boat and it has really made us excited to try more cruises out now! We didn't know if we'd love cruising but now we do. We have already booked our next cruise on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas next year! Can't wait to see how they compare! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 13255

Great balcony, no one was able to see us due to the ceiling extending farther out above us! Was very quiet and wasn't to far from anything. Was beneath the spa and close to the Spice H20 outdoor area.

(5.5)
We went to Atlantis! Very beautiful but next time we will go on our own like we did on St. Thomas and St. Marteen. It was way too long to wait in the heat with the crowd from the ship on the water ferry to get to Atlantis when we could of easily have taken a taxi and been there in minutes. That is what I would suggest. Atlantis is a beautiful resort and amazing in and of itself. It was so neat to explore and see the aquarium.

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews

Stopped at Orient Beach first, a beautiful beach with great waves. You will see some nudity occasionally on the beach due to a nudist resort located at the end of the beach. We were forewarned about this and it wasn't a big deal. If you don't want your children to see it, then I wouldn't suggest going here.

We went next to Maho Beach. THIS IS A MUST!!! It was a small but pretty beach but what's great about this is that this is supposedly the world's closest beach to an airport. So you can literally see 747's land right over you. Check out Maho Beach on youtube and see for yourself. It was so much fun to experience. I wouldn't go until afternoon. They say the big planes don't start coming in till 1:00 pm.

We went to Megan's Bay which is suppose to be one of the top 10 beaches in the world. It was very beautiful and calm. Very nice for just relaxing at the beach.

Next, we went to Coki Beach and it is a very pretty beach as well. The water was actually clearer there than at Megan's Bay. We used our underwater camera at Megan's Bay and the visibility was poor but at Coki's it was perfect. This beach had fantastic snorkeling and I literally had hundreds of fish all around me. We brought some cheerios from the boat to feed them. They come right up to you. We wished we would of stayed there the whole day!

Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews