“Very Happy First TIme Solo Cruiser ;-)”
Cruise review of MSC Armonia

cutecat MSC Armonia 5 Very Happy First TIme Solo Cruiser ;-)
cutecat
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I've just returned from a cruise around the Adriatic with MSC - I must say that I was pleasantly surprised - I was on MSC Armonia , the cabins and ship were absolutely spotless, the staff great , and generally a nice casual atmosphere. I would definitely cruise with MSC again - especially the larger and newer ships. Embarkation and Disembarkation at each port was well organised and swift, I actually quite liked hearing all the announcements in different languages it does give you more of ' holiday' / ' cosmopolitan ' feel.

Beuatiful spotless cabins and bathrooms, tidied up every time you leave. Always returned to a spotless and tidy cabin - plenty of storage space, lovely decor, showers always had great pressure and hot water, nice mirrors ( make you look thin !!) good sized safe big to keep all jewellery and even a small handbag inside. Linen was crisp and clean - comfy beds and pillows - couldnt ask for more.

The only complaint I would have is the non provision of drinking water and tea and coffee outside of mealtimes. There was plenty available but you had to buy it - though given the reasonable prices of the cruise itself no big deal. Drinks on board were very reasonable too, a glass of wine no more than 3 Euro , and tea/ coffee around 1.5 euro. A 7 euro tip was added to the daily bill but this was made clear on booking anyway.

I was travelling alone and never once felt lonely - so many opportunities to make new friends. Probably one of the best holidays I 've ever had as covered 4 different countries in one week. As it was my first cruise I had no complaints as I had nothing to compare to - though I would def go with MSC again.

MSC Armonia Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

19073

This port and city made the whole trip for me - Athens is spectacular and not to be missed - half hour coach ride from Piraeus port into Athens - so much to see , I took an excursion - the museum of the Acropolis is a must as is the visit to the Parthenon at the top of the hill.

Port
short coach ride into town - not a lot to see in the town apart from a fortress and town centre which was nice but nothing out of the ordinary.

Read 431 Corfu Reviews
Port
Beautiful walled city - very picturesque and easy transfer from ship to the town. Def worth coming back to Dubrovnik for a weekend break or more, one of the best places on the itinerary.

Port
swift MSC transfer to the ship - only 20 min by coach. Free shuttle provided to Piazza Roma for those that wanted to have a look around Venice. Efficient check in and baggage reached cabin swiftly.

Read 934 Venice Reviews
Published 09/09/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s MSC Armonia Review
MSC Armonia Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?