MSC Armonia Cruise Review by cutecat: Very Happy First TIme Solo Cruiser ;-)

cutecat
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on MSC Armonia Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Very Happy First TIme Solo Cruiser ;-)

Sail Date: August 2010
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

I've just returned from a cruise around the Adriatic with MSC - I must say that I was pleasantly surprised - I was on MSC Armonia , the cabins and ship were absolutely spotless, the staff great , and generally a nice casual atmosphere. I would definitely cruise with MSC again - especially the larger and newer ships. Embarkation and Disembarkation at each port was well organised and swift, I actually quite liked hearing all the announcements in different languages it does give you more of ' holiday' / ' cosmopolitan ' feel.

Beuatiful spotless cabins and bathrooms, tidied up every time you leave. Always returned to a spotless and tidy cabin - plenty of storage space, lovely decor, showers always had great pressure and hot water, nice mirrors ( make you look thin !!) good sized safe big to keep all jewellery and even a small handbag inside. Linen was crisp and clean - comfy beds and pillows - couldnt ask for more.

The only complaint I would have is the non provision of More drinking water and tea and coffee outside of mealtimes. There was plenty available but you had to buy it - though given the reasonable prices of the cruise itself no big deal. Drinks on board were very reasonable too, a glass of wine no more than 3 Euro , and tea/ coffee around 1.5 euro. A 7 euro tip was added to the daily bill but this was made clear on booking anyway.

I was travelling alone and never once felt lonely - so many opportunities to make new friends. Probably one of the best holidays I 've ever had as covered 4 different countries in one week. As it was my first cruise I had no complaints as I had nothing to compare to - though I would def go with MSC again. Less

Read more MSC Armonia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Armonia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Armonia Inside Stateroom Topazio Deck 9073

This port and city made the whole trip for me - Athens is spectacular and not to be missed - half hour coach ride from Piraeus port into Athens - so much to see , I took an excursion - the museum of the Acropolis is a must as is the visit to the Parthenon at the top of the hill.

short coach ride into town - not a lot to see in the town apart from a fortress and town centre which was nice but nothing out of the ordinary.

Read 269 Corfu Reviews

Beautiful walled city - very picturesque and easy transfer from ship to the town. Def worth coming back to Dubrovnik for a weekend break or more, one of the best places on the itinerary.

swift MSC transfer to the ship - only 20 min by coach. Free shuttle provided to Piazza Roma for those that wanted to have a look around Venice. Efficient check in and baggage reached cabin swiftly.

Read 504 Venice Reviews