Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Luke Chaplin: Navigator of the Seas 29/08/2010

Luke Chaplin
0 Post

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Navigator of the Seas 29/08/2010

Sail Date: August 2010
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

We were two 21 year old guys who decided to book a last minute cheap cruise from Rome. I read many reviews on this ship before we booked but not many were from the eyes of 18-20+ year olds, so I write this view baring in mind any 18-20+ year olds.

After sailing on the liberty of the seas in Decemeber, I knew all about this ship and what to expect, with it being almost identical to the Freedom class. Boarding the ship was very standard procedure taking about an hour. Whilst we waited for our cases we looked around the ship to see what it was all about. For an 8 year old ship there were hardly any signs that it was that old and at times I could not tell the difference between the voyager class and the freedom class.

We got to our statroom (an inside twin) that was like any of ships inside cabins but maybe slightly smaller that that of the Ruby Princess that I went on the year before and the first thing I did was pick up the cruise planner to see what was on. Much to More my amazement it was quite empty compared to what I had seen on the Liberty and a lot of the activities were for Italian speaking guests only.

We carried on the day, as like most days, sitting around the pool and going to dinner at around 8pm on my time dining. This was good for us as we always wanted to eat at different times and it meant we could go to some shows that were not always practical to get to. The food was amazing as expected and it was actually better than I had on the Liberty. The windjammer was also good but the choices were slightly limited but cooked to a very high standard.

The club was where we spent most of our time. It was called the dungeon and was exactly the same as the club on the Freedom class ships. It was actually very big and amazing and could easily pull off a top London club look. The music got good at around 1am am and drinks were of a ok price but maybe a bit to much to keep ordering. (compared to princess prices, they were almost double)

As for the age group and nationalities on the ship, it mainly consisted of late 20's Italian couples and older English and American families. This meant the club ended up with quite a few English and American 18-20's as they came with families and a few less Italians although there were still a few.

To summarise, the ship was amazing and definitly one to try but not from Rome. The cruise director Pietro was so annoying and we would go to shows late and leave early just so we didn't need to hear him going on and on about the smallest things for minutes on end. The food was amazing and for anyone from 18-20+ any voyager or freedom class ship should be the top choice, the nightlife is like no other company (I have been on Celebrity, NCL and Princess and they all go dead at 2am)and both times I have met a lot of people around my age. The activites were very minimal but maybe this was due to the language barrier between the 1400 Italian guests. I will probably stick with the Freedom class next time as they have a lot more on the planner which is a lot more fun. I was quite upset that this ship didn't have karaoke on at all and some of the shows wouldn't have even made it past one of the small lounges on some of the other cruises I have been on. Most of the time the Ixtapa lounge went unused and more shows could have been added. Still, we both had an amazing time and I would always go cruising again, just maybe from the UK or the states next time. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6 8641

Perfect position, right by the stairs at the back of the ship. 3 floors each way from the pool deck and the promenade and of a good size. Tv was rubbish and didn't work.