Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Davyjoneslocker: Definitey not a Fun Ship

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Definitey not a Fun Ship

Sail Date: August 2010

My wife and I are locals, so we drove from Miami to meet the ship arriving at around 11:00 am. I have to say that the check in procedure was the quickest and best organized I have encountered in the last six cruises we have been. The ship is beatiful inside and out, decorations are very tasteful and greeting you with a mimosa or champagne glass was a nice touch, instead of trying to sell you a multi-color drink right away. We ate lunch at the bistro restaurant instead of fighting the crowd at the Ocean Cafe buffet. The crepes at Bistro's were excellent, well worth the five bucks per person charge.

The Cabin was spacious and cozy, I had a balcony were I enjoyed several sunsets and actually fell asleep one night when pulling out of a port. The reason I say this was not a "fun ship", even though my wife and I are 55, we love to dance in the club, which was almost empty every night, and the entertainment shows were terrible. This was a floating nursing home! electric cars and More wheelchairs everywhere. I have never slept more on a cruise than this one; too relaxing. The food in the dining room was above average, but the service was superb. The crew was very attentive and always smiling.

The ports were excellent, hot and humid and the beaches in St. Thomas and St. Johns were breath taking. Overall this was a good cruise, but not for young people who want to have fun, but if you want good food, great service and plenty of peace and quite, this cruise is for you. Also, stop with the nickel and dime charges, like charging for lattes and espressos and ice cream. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Oceanveiw Stateroom Continental Deck (6) 9272

Paper thin walls in cabin, we could hear our neighbors' conversations.