Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Davyjoneslocker

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Davyjoneslocker
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: Davyjoneslocker
Cruise Date: August 2010
Cabin Category: 1A
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Definitey not a Fun Ship
My wife and I are locals, so we drove from Miami to meet the ship arriving at around 11:00 am. I have to say that the check in procedure was the quickest and best organized I have encountered in the last six cruises we have been. The ship is beatiful inside and out, decorations are very tasteful and greeting you with a mimosa or champagne glass was a nice touch, instead of trying to sell you a multi-color drink right away. We ate lunch at the bistro restaurant instead of fighting the crowd at the Ocean Cafe buffet. The crepes at Bistro's were excellent, well worth the five bucks per person charge.

The Cabin was spacious and cozy, I had a balcony were I enjoyed several sunsets and actually fell asleep one night when pulling out of a port. The reason I say this was not a "fun ship", even though my wife and I are 55, we love to dance in the club, which was almost empty every night, and the entertainment shows were terrible. This was a floating nursing home! electric cars and wheelchairs everywhere. I have never slept more on a cruise than this one; too relaxing. The food in the dining room was above average, but the service was superb. The crew was very attentive and always smiling.

The ports were excellent, hot and humid and the beaches in St. Thomas and St. Johns were breath taking. Overall this was a good cruise, but not for young people who want to have fun, but if you want good food, great service and plenty of peace and quite, this cruise is for you. Also, stop with the nickel and dime charges, like charging for lattes and espressos and ice cream.

Publication Date: 09/08/10