Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by out2gogo: Warning about Mazatlan

Warning about Mazatlan

Sail Date: August 2010
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I just wanted to warn people ahead of time about the Mazatlan time shares to say no when sales people approach you. If you are not good at saying no don't go to the 1 hr presentation. We were lured by the free cab rides and free food and drinks and the so called 5 star resort which turned out to be 3 stars in my opinion. However, after saying no, we had fun cooling off in the El Cid Beach Resort pool which was the nicest attraction there with slides I must say. We all enjoyed our swim there. I came back and out of curiosity googled El Cid resort with the word scam and there were numerous complaints on how people were lied to and how people got ripped off 16,000 USD or more. They expect you to show them your credit card, but cover up your numbers if you go.

Also when we were dining at the El Cid restaurant they said my daughter did not have a wrist band that she would have to pay. We were adamant and said the sales lady said she's a minor so she wouldn't have to pay. I just More told him off and said I'm not paying. We could tell the restaurant manager was trying to weasel money out of us. This kind of give you a picture of what kind of sleezy company El Cid is. So I wanted to share my experience for those that are attracted by the nice swim.

It's good to read the other posts about the how treacherous the ocean could be too.

At Cabo we also went swimming at a hotel by the swimming beach after we took a 10 dollar boat tour per person to see the arch and to transport us to the swimming beach roundtrip. At first the guy said 15 but I said no. The arch is not really a big deal. I also tried parasailing for 35 bucks for 10 min. there. It's something that I can say I did, but not something I would do again. It's sort of like the california parasailing ride.

At PV we had prebooked online the zip line at Los veranos which was super fun but make sure you wear clothes you don't care about due to the grease which was so hard to wash off.

All in all we had fun and as other said the food wasn't great. The food was never hot just barely warm in the dining rooms. The best food I had there was the tandori chicken in the windjammer one day and the prime rib in the dining room.

I have to say that the entertainment was fun: love and marriage show, comedy shows. I had lots of laughs more so than on NCL or Princess I must say. But I have to say the food was the worst I have had on a cruise. Less

Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>