Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by ParisFamily

Member Name: ParisFamily
Cruise Date: August 2010
Cabin Category: B5

NCL Epic SUCKS
Went on a vacation for my dad's 70th Birthday and this ship was a huge disappointment

I am used to the Disney Cruises where nothing goes wrong but on this trip nothing really went right

First we had to change from St Maarten and St Thomas to Cozumel and Roatan (Honduras) which is not their fault but was the start of a week of disappointment

The worst problem is that people smoke wherever they want. Everyday I complained and every time I got a different rule for the ship as to where you were allowed to smoke. The reality was that people smoked on the whole deck 15 where the pool and water slides are. I could not eat or relax without breathing in smoke. Additionally, the casino had smokers and you had to walk thru there to get from one side to the other. The staff had no intention to tell people where they could not smoke as this was actually their corporate policy. I guess they are afraid of smokers.

Also the staff had no incentive to go out of their way as we pay $12 per person per night automatically. They were rude and not helpful. Often rushing us to eat and get out for the next group to eat.

The fact that they ran out of at least chocolate chip cookies, iced tea and watermelon is inexcusable.

The rooms were tiny and poorly designed. The sink was in the room and was so shallow it was like a tray of water that splashed all over. The tiny shower was very difficult to use and I am only 5'6" with you needing to step into the foyer of the room to get out. The toilet was also super tiny with a seat that was non existent causing me to feel like I was going to fall in. The fact that both the toilet and the shower were nothing more then an opague sliding door near the front door to the room provided zero privacy.

Entertainment was clearly sub par also. The Blue Man group was fine but the Second City and Legends of Rock were very amateurish. The Cirque Dreams show was one of the most confusing pieces of garbage I ever saw. The acrobatics were good yet still full of mistakes. The story was filled with people speaking in giberish with a french accent with some nonsense dialogue. Plus the food was inedible and I paid for premium seating which meant sitting with my back to the show behind a pole with people in front of me

I would recommend you look elsewhere for a family vacation

Publication Date: 09/06/10