Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by jlwilliams4

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: IA
Entertainment Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
The Sky was beyond it's limits for me! Great Cruise!!!
I've never sumitted a review before and after reading so many, I always figured there would be prompts that reminded you what to type about. So forgive me as I do my best. A little background on me, This was my 5th cruise. 1st being Bahamas on Dolphin Cruiseline in 1990, Mexican Riviera on Holland America in 2006, Mexican Riviera on Royal Caribbean in 2008, Alaska on Princess in 2009 and now Bahamas on NCL last week. About 6 months ago I became a travel agent booking cruises specifically and have heard so many comments, good and bad, about this ship that I wanted to experience it myself so I could inform people appropriately. So here we go.

Travel to port: I live in Orlando and I used www.cruise2connect.com to get to Miami. It worked out cheaper than to pay gas, tolls, and parking. Round trip was only $90 and totally worth it!

Embarkation: Embarkation with quick and organized but the port security kept yelling at us for taking pictures.... I'm not sure why and there were not any signs anywhere that said we couldn't take pictures. As we crossed the gangway, the party began! The staff was dancing as they greeted us and welcomed us to the ship. We were guided into Dazzles Nightclub where tables were set up for drawings for the spa and jewelry store and casino specials. The Bon Voyage party was awesome! Great Music and they really got people into it!

Food: Alright, lets face it. most people are ONLY reading these reviews for the food section so let me say a few things about reviews. Take them with a grain of salt. Most people who write them usually are complaining unless they frequently travel and read them a lot. Also keep in mind that different people go into a cruise looking for something different. I had read many reviews and talked to many co workers about this ship and and heard a lot about the food. Mostly bad. I went into the cruise not expecting it to knock my socks off and it didn't but since I went in with low expectations, I found my self pleasently surprised. Let me explain. On embarkation day we went to the Italian restaurant, La Cucina, as we had heard good things about it. Typically there is a cover charge but for lunch there was not. It was just Pizza and Pasta so we figured that the italian place would do that nicely! We are very wrong! The cook was rude and bothered to have to scoop a slice of pizza and some pasta. The pizza tasted like it was sitting there for hours and pasta sauce was watery and bland... and let me note that I am not picky when it comes to pasta or pizza. We left our meal almost untouched and went onto the buffet because we were really hungry. The buffet had lots of choices and we filled up! A lot of foord on the Garden Cafe buffet and the Great Outdoors Cafe were pretty much the same every day, but it was tasty and the fruit was really fresh. Very few complaints there. We did not opt for any of the specialty dining options and only ate dinner in the Crossings and Palace dining rooms. both always offered the same meal options. Some things were good, others were great and others.... well others i passed on. I do recommend ordering a little more than you plan to eat so you get enough to eat in case there is something you don't like. Service is a little slow but everyone was friendly in the dining rooms.

Rooms: We had a superior interior room and it was a comfortable fit. not huge but roomy enough. I definately won't be doing an interior again, not because of the size, but because I kept over sleeping because the room is so dark in the morning and I just couldn't wake up because it felt like the middle of the night.

Entertainment: I didn't attend a lot of entertainment. I did go to the newly/not so newly wed game and it was hysterical. I enjoyed the casino and the hot tub however the hot tub is my main complaint. There is a tiny small with tiny font stating that the hot tub could discolor your swimsuit or hair. Not only is no one going to read this sign, but it doesn't seem likely to actually happen. When my new black swimsuit turned chocolate brown, and my cousin's white swimsuit turned cream, NCL didn't do anything and wouldn't do anything because it is "clearly displayed". I was very disappointed and plan to continue dealing with the cruiseline customer service department. The night of Nassau there is always a White Hot Party so bring your favorite white outfit!

Ports: The ports were great! In Freeport we took a $5 cab ride to Port Lucaya Beach and layed on the beach and then went to rum runners for some coconut drinks. In Nassau we took the city bus for $1.25 to cable beach to the Wyndam and laid on the beach and after a few hours, found ourselves at Senior Frogs before heading to the Atlantis..... We never made it to the Atlantis! Senior Frogs was so much fun and the longer you stay, the more free shots they give you! FUN FUN FUN

Disembarkation: Very fast and efficiant. No problems at all.

Jenn Williams

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at booksmadebyme@me.com and Type Bahamas Review in the subject so I don't delete it.

Publication Date: 09/03/10