Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by hyperion1234: Explorer of the Seas 8/19/10 - 8/28/10

hyperion1234
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Explorer of the Seas 8/19/10 - 8/28/10

Sail Date: August 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Check-in was no problem. The cruise departs at 3:00 and they let us board at 1:00. I was really looking forward to the Explorer cruise as I had gone on a Carnival Miracle the year before and had a great time (food was excellent--gained 10 lbs, service was excellent--smiles everywhere, and entertainment was okay). I was so disappointed and vowed never to go on anothe royal carribbean again.

Problems with the Explorer of the seas cruise:

Food and drink first: Food tasted horrible, was not properly cleaned/plated correctly. There was hair in one of the entrees given to us. My ginger ale had a big piece of black brush/lint in it (very repulsive). The shrimp tasted spongy and was not deveined (i.e. shit was not cleaned out.) The drinks were extremely watered down and soda was incredibly flat tasting.

Service: Every dinner meal took over 2 hours to finish. The wait staff was incredibly slow. We basically sat for 30 min after every plate was finished before we were More served a new plate. At breakfast, we sat down at a table for 6 and shared with another couple. The couple got up and left after a few minutes but their plates were never cleaned up the entire time we sat there even though 2 new people joined us at the table. The wait staff did not even come with the breakfast pastries for us to choose from. The bar staff did not serve one of our friends for no reason and just ignored him. The entire staff appeared very disgruntled and mentioned there had been cuts.

Cabin: The shower was so tiny that I had trouble turning around to shave. I am a size 4 girl so I can't imagine how anyone fit comfortably in the shower. Room was really tiny, only a few inches of space to walk around.

The bath towels had yellow stains on them. I don't understand how they can clean the room and give you towels which are stained all over. The beach towels also appeared dirty.

I wished I had saved my money and gone elsewhere. We had a big group of 40 people and the majority of us were very disappointed with the trip. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6

Not really pink sands, beach not as pretty as expected.

Mostly just cobblestone and shops. Boat docked at 7 am and left at 1 pm, so not too many stores were opened.

Read 1366 San Juan Reviews

Not bad but shop owners were charging 50 cents to use their bathrooms which were not even clean!

Best beach, water was clear and you can see the little fishes swimming.

Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews